• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem in displaying non latin languages even when i have set paragraph to world ready composer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using translation but after translating the text frame when translated text replaces the frame it does not display proper in case of non latin languages.i have even set the paragraph composer to world paragraph composer but its still not working.can anyone help me in this?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Hindi comes out just fine, though i have not tested it recently. Just to test maybe apply Arial Unicode MS font on hindi text and see. If possible share a sample document and i can see it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the font, if the font does not have the required glyphs you still will not get correct results. Which language are you using?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using conversion from english to hindi or chinese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hindi comes out just fine, though i have not tested it recently. Just to test maybe apply Arial Unicode MS font on hindi text and see. If possible share a sample document and i can see it

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for the help.it works for that font !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to find that a font has the required glyphs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is your friend, search for fonts based on language like Hindi fonts, that should take care of the availability of glyphs for the language. Then see the typeface if it seems good to you, you have found your font

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,sure.but actually i was curious if we could do this through scripting ...like detected the language and then had an option of fonts having glyphs similar to this language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This what happens in apps like Word; it automatically switches font, to a random one containing the glyphs. This is considered the enemy of good typesetting, so it does NOT happen in InDesign. If you are typesetting a book with multiple languages with different glyphs, you need to make a careful choice, agreed with your clients, of fonts that will work together towards the final result. If you don't care what the fonts look like, maybe consider using Word anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks a lot for this information .kudos to your helping attitude!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines