Highlighted

Publish online: changing scroll direction

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish online, the scroll direction appears to be sideways, meaning the user has to press left / right on order to navigate through the pages.

The design I'm working on has arrows to direct people to the next page, I'd need to have these horizontal to make sense with how online documents work. But then if the user downloads the file as a PDF, the arrows will be pointing in the wrong direction... seeing as Acrobat / Apple Preview scroll vertically.

Is there a way around this? Can I set online docs to scroll vertically instead?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

I may be misunderstanding your question/issue, but... if you have arrows on the page, like this "<" and ">" they will take you to the next page in the PDF. Even though the next page is physically below, the arrows have the desired effect, especially when the PDF is downloaded and viewed via Acrobat or Preview. Set the PDF to the view "Single Page Only" and the click will have the desired effect. I've done this with this example. I have such arrows for page to page navigation, download the PDF and you'll see how it works. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection.

TOPICS
EPUB, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publish online: changing scroll direction

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish online, the scroll direction appears to be sideways, meaning the user has to press left / right on order to navigate through the pages.

The design I'm working on has arrows to direct people to the next page, I'd need to have these horizontal to make sense with how online documents work. But then if the user downloads the file as a PDF, the arrows will be pointing in the wrong direction... seeing as Acrobat / Apple Preview scroll vertically.

Is there a way around this? Can I set online docs to scroll vertically instead?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Diane Burns | Adobe Community Professional

I may be misunderstanding your question/issue, but... if you have arrows on the page, like this "<" and ">" they will take you to the next page in the PDF. Even though the next page is physically below, the arrows have the desired effect, especially when the PDF is downloaded and viewed via Acrobat or Preview. Set the PDF to the view "Single Page Only" and the click will have the desired effect. I've done this with this example. I have such arrows for page to page navigation, download the PDF and you'll see how it works. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection.

TOPICS
EPUB, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0