• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"InDesign could not package the document. Cannot copy publication" error while packaging in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to troubleshoot this message?

"InDesign could not package the document. Cannot copy publication"

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

I just had this error message. For me, it turned out that my filepath was too long. My packaged folder was about 100 characters long. When I shortened it, it packaged without a problem. I didn't change any other settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you build the whole document and not shared any part of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I am new to this and do not know what you mean by "share".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have some content shared with other users via Assigments, InCopy,....  Well if it sounds strange to you do not worry at all.

What I need some confirmation is if you have created the document, nor received or downloaded from somewhere else.

Do you know or have checked linked files? Placed pictures,... do they include any special character?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this error message. For me, it turned out that my filepath was too long. My packaged folder was about 100 characters long. When I shortened it, it packaged without a problem. I didn't change any other settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for sharing it here. I am sure it'll help other users with similar concern.
Feel free to reach out to Adobe Community if you have any other issue. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone having a similar issue and not finding a solution:

I use Dropbox and found that I could not package the file as long as Dropbox was trying to sync. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines