• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"rotate 180" makes a duplicate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the keyboard shortcut to invoke the command "rotate 180" it makes a duplicate of the object when rotating. If I choose the Object>Transform>Rotate 180 instead of using the keyboard shortcut it correctly rotates the object without making a duplicate. Having to delete the other copy takes more time and defeats the purpose of assigning a keyboard shortcut. Any solutions or suggestions?

Running an Imac 2019, MacOS Mojave vs 10.14.6 with the latest edition of InDesign vs 15.1.1.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

I've never stumbled across this before, but I reproduced it here (under Windows using Ctrl+Alt+[anynumber]).

Generally, in Adobe apps, the Opt/Alt key invokes a Copy command, i.e., Opt-Drag to make a copy. I've verified the same unwanted copy occurs with the other Rotate commands that bypass a dialog, with a Ctrl+Alt/Opt combination assigned.

I haven't tested every possibility, but it's possible assigning a Ctrl+Alt/Opt combination to any Transform command will make a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the keyboard shortcut from Command Opt 8 to Command Shift 9 and now it works properly. Not sure why as Command Opt 8 was unassigned before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never stumbled across this before, but I reproduced it here (under Windows using Ctrl+Alt+[anynumber]).

Generally, in Adobe apps, the Opt/Alt key invokes a Copy command, i.e., Opt-Drag to make a copy. I've verified the same unwanted copy occurs with the other Rotate commands that bypass a dialog, with a Ctrl+Alt/Opt combination assigned.

I haven't tested every possibility, but it's possible assigning a Ctrl+Alt/Opt combination to any Transform command will make a copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines