• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reflowable ePub export not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 system. This is the first time I've had an issue exporting an ePub from InDesign CC. I've done this many times, but now I have two InDesign files that won't export. InDesign just seems to freeze. I complete the export dialog settings and click OK to export. Normally I would get another dialog or a progress bar, but now I get nothing. And if I switch to another application, I can't switch back to ID. I've let it go for some time, but it never finishes. When I look at the Task Manager, there are quite a few ID processes running, most of them labeled Adobe CEP HTML Engine. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have two client books I need to export to ePub and this has me dead in the water. Neither file indicates any preflight issues and they both export perfectly to PDF. Other InDesign files still export fine to reflowable ePub. It seems it's just these two that have some unknown issue.

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Solved it. It was hyperlinks that imported from the MS Word source file. Retyping those bits of text to remove the hyperlinks worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further investigation, it seems the end notes are the problem. Any suggestions of why, or how to correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it. It was hyperlinks that imported from the MS Word source file. Retyping those bits of text to remove the hyperlinks worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was super helpful! I had the same exact problem and was trying all sorts of things to resolve over 5 days. Your hyperlink deletion fix absolutely worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me. I unlinked the hyperlinks so it was just text and it fixed the problem. I'll try relinking them later. I wouldn't have known where to look without this post, so thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this same issue and thought I would add to the discussion to help others who find this in the future. My issue was related to the hyperlinks and endnotes imported from a Word doc, but specifically because I was splitting the ePub using styles so each chapter began on a new page. ePub exporter did not like that at all. To correct I needed to do two things: 1. Converted all URLs to hyperlinks (and then manually confirmed that each was formatted correctly) and 2. Converted endnotes to footnotes. Finally solved the issue! Kudos to sarahholroyd for finding the problem and pointing me in the right direction! A little dialog with error in InDesign would certainly have been helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I'm having the exact same problem with 17.0.1 -- "freezing" ID. I have about 1000 endnotes in the book I'm converting for a client. I too imported docs from Word to make the book. However, I'm unclear how a "URL" is different from a "hyperlink" in your explanation. (I plan to go through the book and convert all those http://something.html things to text. (let the user type them in). 

I have countless cross-references that were NOT imported from Word. Do you class these as "hyperlinks"?

What about endnote references? They WERE imported from Word. I can turn them into footnotes... but do you consider them "hyperlinks" imported from Word?

I will set the component files of the book so that new chapters begin where they begin.

This is a great post, but please clarify if you can. Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines