• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select all fonts in same color and apply paragraph style

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is possible - but interested in your assistance. 

I have a 300 page document which has been updated by multiple designers over a few years - each doing things different and making a mess. 

What i am hoping to achieve is this, I would like to select all the text that is RED (a color used specifically for one thing in this document) and alter the paragraph style to be all the same. 

This document when its completed requires an index file (in Word or otherwise) for the client to use as a cross reference. Only the text in RED is what they are after. Some of the designers used a specific paragraph style for all the text that is in RED. Others used different ones. Its a mess. I just want to get a Word list of all the text in RED with a page number attached, and this document is too big to do manually. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks..

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

In the Find/Replace panel, under Find Format, you can select a Character Color, and choose Red as the color. Then under change format, apply the style. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 1.31.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Find/Replace panel, under Find Format, you can select a Character Color, and choose Red as the color. Then under change format, apply the style. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 1.31.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give this a shot. I thought i had tried it, but may have overlooked something. Thank you for the reply!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm. 

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines