Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select text in a text box

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a serious delay when i try to select text in a text box. I have an i5 Lenovo laptop with 16 GB of ram. Any ideea what may could happend? I can not work in this condition, if i have two document open is more dificult to select even the smallest text...

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? Are you using any type of font utility?

I've seen a delay like this when there is a problem with the font used in the frame, and in some cases when the font is only available from the Document Fonts folder, and not installed at the OS level. InDesign can sometimes act as though it has to reread/rechache the entire font every time you attempt to edit, and it causes the kind of delay you're seeing. So do some experimenting and observation in that context with different fonts and families.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Is the same with a banal font like Arial, so with paralucent. If i have more than one document open is whorse. I have the latest version of Indesign 15.0.2 and windows 10 home 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign 15.0.2 and windows 10 home edition.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines