• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review online: versioning and commenting

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client loves the new share for review online, but wonders about being able to compare older versions to new ones. Is there any way a client can see a previous version, or even download one for reference/comparison? 

The client also said her comments were deleted before she posted because she went from one page to another. I have no really useful suggestions here, but I could see how that would be frustrating. Maybe a "Post Comments" button could be added for multiple pages?

I found the new reveiw tool very helpful, especially on projects with a tight deadline, which is just about all of my projects, actually.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

The best place to post feature requests to the Adobe team is here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You *may* want to consider using PDF proofs with embedded comments, and name your PDF in an iterative way so you can refer back to older versions. Share for Review is headed in a good direction, but it hasn't achieved full feature load yet.

And there is no getting around the fact that no matter how clever the software, editing is a careful and pain-staking process.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, Mike. PDF with comments is adequate. This particular client is responsive to the prompts from Adobe. She specifically commented it was better than PDF, feeling that she was working more directly with me. She could ask a question, and I could respond. She liked the immediacy of the interface. If she could just click "download" on each version she sees, I think she'd be happy. Well, happier. She's didn't complain, in fact, she liked it. I prompted her for her thoughts. I've never asked Adobe for a feature to be added, so maybe this isn't the right place to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best place to post feature requests to the Adobe team is here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback about the feature. In addition to the suggestion given by Mike, I'd recommend checking out this community post for detailed information about Share for Review feature.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread, but relates to something I want to try: versioning. I figured I would post this in case anyone out there has tried something similar.

I used a few-page file that I use for keeping stuff handy for copying, named apropriately Stuff-to-copy.indd, for testing.

In InDesign, with Stuff-to-copy.indd open > Save a Copy > rename as Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT- A.indd

With Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd, create a Share for Review, make it public. URL is https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:dc0bd2f3-9535-4b2a- a5b3-91e79b69573e?view=published

Went to that URL, entered some comments and learned it's a best practice to click the pen tool and THEN AND ONLY THEN highlight text. Why? Because if you highlight text but then forget to click the pen tool, your comment is NOT attached to that text.

Went to Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd, could see all the comments.

Then, clicked File > Save a Copy > Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-B.indd. As soon as I did this, all of the comments in my Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd disappeared. And when I clicked the Share button at the top right, the only option Share for Review offered was to create a new review.

When I opened Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-B.indd in InDesign, there was no Share for Review nor any comments there.

But when I REOPENED Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd, all my comments were there. And the same URL as above got me back to the Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A Share for Review in my web browser, and I was able to put in new comments there, and they quickly showed up in Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd in InDesign.

Is this a viable way to be able to work on Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-B.indd while being able to switch back to Stuff-to-copy-DRAFT-A.indd to look at the comments?

That would provide a reasonable way of doing version control with Share for Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines