Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of contents with multiple Heading of same level

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm working into one document i imported from Word. This document has headings as:

Heading1

Heading2

Heading3

I decided to create another type of heading based on styles, for example:

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading2 break to impar

Heading 3

Heading 3 with break 

Heading 4

Heading 4 with break      

I'm having trouble with that.

For example, when i "Add" the "Heading 4 with break"  it's marked as Level 8 (why that, if it's a heading based on Heading 4?)

If there is not correct into my TOC and I try "Table of Contents..." from the menu, i find that some heading i added previosly are not added (they appear at right side and i are obligated to add them one more time, and indicate one more time the the corresponding level.

How i can use multiple heading of same level, for example: "Heading 2", "Heading 2 with break" and generate easily one TOC with these heading. 

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

I find my error. That not worked because i selected one TOC from another file into "Estilo de TDC" (top left) option. When i changed this by "By Default"  the changes i do are preserved. 

It's ok now. Thanks any more for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the middle of the ToC dialog box. You can assign the nesting level of each paragraph style and what ToC style is dressing it. You can also drag the included styles up or down the list to help set the order.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike_Witherell

Thanks for your answer. 

I'm doing that, i assing the correspondant style at middle of the dialog box, and the TOC it's generated, but if i try to modify the TOC, when i choose Layout > Table of contents... the pseudo-header ara not added, i have only "Header 1", "Header 2", "Header 3" ... but "Heading 2 with break", "Heading 3 with break", "Heading 4 some pseudo" are not added, i would to add them one more time. I don't understand why they dissapear of the left panel.

As you can see into the image: only styles called "Heading N"  are preserved (yellow), all other styles called "Heading N another thing" not are preserved (green).

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-25 a las 19.18.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to click on Mas Optiones to see the extra info I was describing...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. i do that.

See the image below. I add the style "Heading 2 introduction" and i click Ok, and the TOC is created including this style.

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-25 a las 20.41.55.png

If i try to edit the TOC, choosing one more time Layout > Table of content... "Heading 2 introduction" is not added!

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-25 a las 20.47.25.png

If i try to add this style one more time, the seetings of image 1 (yellow) are not saved:

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-25 a las 20.48.46.png

I want to preserve all my headings, as Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find my error. That not worked because i selected one TOC from another file into "Estilo de TDC" (top left) option. When i changed this by "By Default"  the changes i do are preserved. 

It's ok now. Thanks any more for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines