• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Style Formatting

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to format a table in InDesign and then create a table style based off of that formatting? I generally create the style first and then apply to the table but wondered if the opposite was possible to do.

Thank you so much in advance!

Chava Maimon

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Hi Chava:

You can apply formatting to tables at the table level or cell level, using Table > Table Options and Table > Cell Options, respectively. Which one are you using to apply the strokes? I'm guessing you are applying your strokes to the cells and that is why you can't save the formatting as a table style. (Using the stroke options from the Control panel or Properties panel is also cell-level.)

For a table style, use Table > Table Options, then save the Table style.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can make table styles with cells styles off the formatting on a table.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/table-cell-styles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your immediate response 🙂 I read over this page and tried more experiments. What about without a cell style involved; just a table style? I select/highlight a table, apply certain stroke changes (weight, type, etc.), let's say. I create and apply it (supposedly) to a new table style. But no change happens when I try to apply that table style to another new table. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Chava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screenshots of what you have going?

you need to learn table and cell styles.

here, you have to watch this:

https://www.lynda.com/InDesign-tutorials/InDesign-Tables-Depth/178945-2.html?srchtrk=index%3a1%0alin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chava:

You can apply formatting to tables at the table level or cell level, using Table > Table Options and Table > Cell Options, respectively. Which one are you using to apply the strokes? I'm guessing you are applying your strokes to the cells and that is why you can't save the formatting as a table style. (Using the stroke options from the Control panel or Properties panel is also cell-level.)

For a table style, use Table > Table Options, then save the Table style.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines