• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time to update the Fillable Forms option in ID

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using InDesign for near 15 years now in a professional setting. Many changes have been made to it to ease our workflow but one still remains for the many government workers and printers who produce fillable forms: creating interactive forms.

The process begins in ID, but only begins there. We have to continue our work in Acrobat, often duplicating work we already started in ID with text boxes, check boxes, etc. and their specifics.

When will Adobe finally grant ID the permissions it should already have to fully create interactive forms within InDesign? Let us do all our work in InDesign instead of making it an extensive workout in two programs or in ID and a plugin! We do not need to buy add-on or plugin software to complete the process...just grant ID the same permissions available in LiveCycle and Acrobat for the form fields. You have the technology...it's already in Acrobat. Just share!

Perhaps for the new year 2021? 

I bid you Happy New Year!  M

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the interactive tools in InDesign haven't been updated in more than 10 years.

Don't hold your breath but go right ahead and post your feature request here: Adobe InDesign (uservoice.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was talk earlier this year of Adobe implementing PDF 2.0 next year, but that seems to have gone quiet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the silence was due to the world switching to online classes and video communications. That part of Adobe is now pushing forward for their online learning software Captivate and digital signatures with Adobe Sign. Minor visible changes to other standard programs. 

I do hope that with PDF 2.0 new PDF features will appear within InDesign. It makes sense to me, but I do not have a big voice. It's what the big customer wants that matters to a larger software company. It makes sense to me that if the Acrobat platform gets a revamp, that would be carried down into InDesign since many of us use ID for making fillable forms.

No matter...fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines