Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Interface text is very small

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - 

It's been awhile since I've used InDesign. I typically use it on my desktop but since I have the cloud version, I decided to work on some smaller projects from my DellXPS laptop. Upon installing it, I noticed the task bar's font is comically small and the hover tools are conversely comically HUGE. I tried going online to solve this mystery and was told to toggle the UI scaling but I don't have that option. I have Lower Scaling and Higher Scaling and it only gets smaller with the other option I select. This is super frustrating and I'm not sure how to solve it...

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of InDesign?

I'd also request toggling the Windows Scale and layout setting under Settings > System. I am also attaching a screenshot for the reference:

Screenshot_41.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI in Windows is a hot mess that I've been complaining about for years. The scaling is still based on the same technology used in Windows Vista. Photoshop and Illustrator were updated years ago and not only have complaints been ignored we can't even get an explanation.

It's embarrassingly bad and it's even worse with two monitors with different resolutions. It's nearly impossible to come up with a good match between Windows O/S scaling and InDesign's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey  @BobLevine.  Is there a place a user can make requests for this product? Maybe a link?  I know you've tried for awhile now but, I'm hoping with more voices, maybe a change can be made.  It's an expensive subscription for something like this to go unresolved if so many are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines