Verification e-mail

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunday 7 February, I started my 7 8days free trial InDesign period. This morning 11 Febrary, I recieve an e-mail from message@adobe.com with a verification code, and the information that I cannot access my account without the verification code, even if I never came in with a corresponding request. I hesitated to use the code, because I wasn't sure the message was not fraudulent. I tried to open my InDesign document, but was requested to enter the verification code, and I eventually entered it. Having entered the code, a new verification code window popped up, followed by a new verification code e-mail. I was now certain I was subject to a phishing attempt or similar, and I closed the verification code window, after which my document was automatically closed, and the program shut down. I tried once again to open my InDesign document, again avoiding the verification steps. Another auto shut-down. Ater that, my Adobe Account was temorarily suspended.

It seems to me, the e-mails were no phising attempts after all. But why these sudden verification requests?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021
These communities are not Adobe Customer Support.   Please contact Adobe Customer Support by phone to ascertain what is really going on. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html for contact information.  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These communities are not Adobe Customer Support.

Please contact Adobe Customer Support by phone to ascertain what is really going on. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html for contact information.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines