• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Windows 10) InDesign won't open except through File Explorer search bar

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the most bizarre problem with InDesign. Whenever I try to open it via:

• Adobe Creative Cloud
  • A pinned taskbar shortcut
  • A start menu shortcut
  • A desktop shortcut
  • Opening a document
  • Going into the Adobe ProgramFiles folder and openning the pure application

it just pops up with a crash report screen. No loading, just an instant crash.

But, when I type InDesign into the search bar on the Windows File Explorer, the desktop shortcut pops up. When I click on this link, InDesign opens perfectly normal.

I've tried everything, including deactivating my fonts, using an older version (I use the most current version), and logging out and signing in again. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. This behavior is really unusual. Do you have Windows 10 & InDesign updated to the latest version?
I'd request resetting the Adobe Illustrator manually. Please follow the instructions given below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

If it doesn't help. Please use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing app installation and reinstall once done. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but I ran the cleaner tool and there was no change in the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We understand how frustrating crashes can be. I am hopeful that issue is resolved by now.  We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues. Please check this page for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines