• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing has stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to restore my harddrive from a Time Machine backup. Now I'm getting "Licensing has stopped working errors" whenever I try to open any componet of CS4. I'm running this on an old 2009 MacBook Pro using MacOS 10.11.6. I cannot locate the Install Disks, so I can't reinstall.

All the info I find on the web about this is old and no longer seems applicable. I know this is all terribly old technology, but it was been working for me quite well for a very long time. Is there any way to fix this problem? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

You need to find your disks and serial numbers, and reinstall. Time Machine is not reliable for restoring Adobe licenses. CS4 might not install on 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find your disks and serial numbers, and reinstall. Time Machine is not reliable for restoring Adobe licenses. CS4 might not install on 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS1, CS2 and CS3 are dead & gone. The activation servers were removed from service. Even if you find an installer, you can't activate it.

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. They can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase,
2. a legitimate serial number for that particular media, version and platform (Win/Mac),

https://account.adobe.com/products
3. an older operating system that can support legacy Creative Suite.
--------------------------
NOTE 1: Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2:  Creative Suite will never work on Catalina.

NOTE 3:  Adobe removed links to updates.  If updates are still available, it will be from the applications themselves.

NOTE 4:  Creative Suite is discontinued and unsupported.  Use at your own risk.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines