• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Publish Services doesn't display folder name correctly (French/Mac)

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In LR, I have an intermittent problem where for Folders published to Hard Disk, the folder name sometimes is not visible, only the number of items in the folders. See the 2 attachments. I have to quit LR and restart the application to resolve the problem, until it happens again a few days later. My system is in french.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012
Problem now fixed in LR4

Thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a removable or remote storage device. Is this a case where the app is displaying the items before the device is 100% ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it. Here is my setup: iMac 24 inch with 8Gb RAM. LR is installed on my Hard Disk. The catalog is on the same drive. The pictures are on an external firewire 800 drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should report this to Adobe support? are they usually helpful for these types of issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're monitoring issues here. It would be helpful to track down steps to reproduce reliably so we can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it ended up being quite easy for me to find the way to reproduce the problem on my iMac and on an my MacBook Air. So 2 different computers running the latest MacOS X system and the latest Lightroom program.

Now, I'm french, and my system is in french. So I may not have the right terminology here in english...

See the attached image.

If the last time LR was quit, the Hard Disk publication folder was closed (i.e.: the triangle identified by the arrow in red in the attached image was pointing to the left), then the problem will happen the next time I open LR.

If the last time LR was quit, the Hard Disk publication folder was opened (i.e.: the triangle identified by the arrow in red in the attached image was pointing downward), then the problem will not happen the next time I open LR.

Hope this is clear. I'm surprised this has not been identified before by more people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the same behaviour on either Flickr or Facebook Publish Services, when setting up new services. It may even have been both, but I was tracking another bug at the time so don't remember the details. I haven't managed to track down reproducible steps yet, but just in case it offers an additional clue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Yvon,

One other question, is the drive you are publishing to a slower memory stick type device or a faster USB hard drive type device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I am publishing to my iMac internal HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to reproduce on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have to report this enjoying problem to Adobe customer service...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are of course welcome to do so, but I have been able to reproduce it on demand now, and a bug report is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks. Were you able to reproduce this by simply doing like I described above, or where there any other things that you had to do to see the problem? I'm wondering if a workaround exist (any particular LR configuration that would make the problem go away) other than restarting the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce the lack of folder names when creating the service again now (that worked first time), but you were absolutely right about the panel being closed when quitting being the issue. Nice catch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Is there a reference number for the bug report that I could also track? is this doable. Otherwise, I may report the problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yvon, this is as close as Adobe get to a public bugbase, so this IS the place for you to report it. As an Adobe Community Professional, I have access to some other bits behind the scenes, so yes there is a bug number, but it wouldn't help you. I've made a note against the bug to report back to you here when it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I see. I now understand how this works. Thanks for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem also exist in LR 4 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,