• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module: watermark in wrong location on exported files

Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting JPG images from the print module, the watermark is sometimes in the wrong location, despite being displayed correctly in LrC.

LrC 11.0

Windows 10 Pro x64

This is how my watermark is displayed in LrC and exported in JPG if I don't move the photo (up/down or left/right, depending on the aspect ratio). So far, so good.

stamp.jpg

If, on the other hand, I move the picture (in this instance to the left), the watermark still displays correctly in LrC but is moved in the JPG file.

stamp-moved.jpg

The same happens with text watermarks:

text-moved.jpg

And the same issue also occurs when moving a picture up/down.stamp-moved-2.jpg

I noticed it first with watermarks I had created long ago, but I made new ones from scratch (I did not edit/re-saved the old ones) just to be sure, and those are the watermarks shown here.

Also, of course I couldn't checked every possible output aspect ratio/pixel size, but I've tested quite a few ones and as far as I can tell, this problem occurs only with pictures taken in portrait mode (with smartphone as well as DSLR) AND with a portrait JPG output.

Indeed, during my tests, all landscape pictures with portrait JPG output have the watermark in the correct place, as do both landscape and portrait pictures with landscape JPG output.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)
Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Adding bug info - setting status to acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was this moved from Bugs to Discussion without any comment? Is this considered normal LrC behavior and not a bug?

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior on my Windows 10 system using LrC 11.0 with Zoom to Fill and it appears to be a bug. The watermark is placed at the correct location in the layout frame, but anchored to the image file. So moving the image file also moves the watermark. I checked LrC 9.4 and it is permanently anchored to the designated location on the image file independent of the layout settings, which is even worse! So Adobe made some changes to correct this behavior, but it is still is incorrect.

Will move this post back to Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming Todd, it was on my list for later today.  I will get a bug written with the team. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Todd Shaner and @Rikk Flohr: Photography 

This is my second bug report today that was moved to Discussion without any reason given or comment (the other being https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/print-module-white-line-displayed-at-th...

What's going on? Once in Discussions, it's very easy to be overlooked by Adobe employees and thus not even acknowledged...

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I moved them both.  Moving them ensures that more people see them - not less, as most of the ACPs devote extended time to Discussions and fewer spend time in bugs.  Anecdotally I would tell you that most reported bugs are not actually bugs and moving them to discussions gets more eyes on them more quickly. When warranted they are moved back to Bugs. By then a bug is written which requires - among other things a list of reproducible steps and verification of the behavior and its departure from design.  @Todd Shaner has done the verification and moved it back. I will write the bug.

I hope that explanation helps.

Also, please see my comments on your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding bug info - setting status to acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue 2 years later, did anybody solve this issue? It doesn't look very professional when your logo is all over the place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate