• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto not working in import presets

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me nuts.  All of my presets aren't working properly.  I reset all of my settings, etc. When I import photos with a specific preset it doesn't apply it properly.  It's like it's applying the old Lightroom algorithm.  This is frustrating.

PLUS, it doesn't work when I create a brand new preset in this version of Lightroom.  I setup a new preset that will apply Auto Settings and when I import it still applies old settings, it seems like it's using the Auto Settings from a few versions of LR ago.  It's applying settings on import, but not the correct Auto Settings if that makes sense.  All of the other settings, like Clarity, Sharpening, etc still work.  Oh, and Auto White Balance doesn't work on import at all anymore and hasn't since the update before this most recent one.

In the past, what 'fixed' it for me was to go to the user presets file and open one of the presets with Lightroom (right click, open with Lightroom) and then it worked.  However, that doesn't work anymore.  I've even uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, still no luck.

The settings it's using are more overexposed than the new ones.  So, I import the photos, then I need to go to each photo and click Auto Settings one by one and it will adjust the exposure, etc. I'm dealing with thousands of photos per import, so that's a nightmare.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
23 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

You've tagged this post for Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC which are two different applications.  Can you go to Help>System Info... and get us your installed Lightroom version number?  
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Classic version 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing Lightroom CC from post. 

If you review one of your presets that isn't working like you expect, is the Process Version part of the preset?  If you import an image today Lightroom Classic CC defaults to a Process Version 5 (and associated tools and rendering behavior). If your preset forces an earlier Process Version you could get different results. 

If you use a preset at Import you can go to the Camera Calibration Panel (without touching any edits settings first) and see the Process Version assigned. What is the process version assigned after using a preset at import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NONE of my presets are working properly.  It says Process version 5 (current version).  But after I import it the Auto Settings aren't accurate.  If I manually apply the same preset that I used on import it changes the settings even though it still shows process version 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing to share a preset so I can test it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, how do I attach it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, even when I create a new preset it does the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Auto the only setting in this preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but that's the one that's not working properly, all of the other settings seem to work, it's just the auto setting seems to apply an old process or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce with your preset and with one of my own Auto-only presets. I agree this is a bug and will log it with the team. Thanks for posting and sharing the preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's super frustrating.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another person with this problem: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2582964 . They tried to Me Too and post here but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I have been told by Adobe via email, that this now is a feature not a they are just kidding me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh?  A feature that it doesn't develop properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, perhaps not a feature... I attach the google translated answer to my ticket by Adobe

Dear Mr. Hentsch,

Please excuse the belated feedback. I would like to inform you about the status of your request to Adobe.

Our technicians were able to adjust the process exactly on our systems. There was the same result here. However, this is not an error, but expected behavior in the software. Alternatively, however, you can create a preset with exposure setting or something else (no automatic settings). The result is then the same.

I assume that I have solved your request. That's why I close the case for you. You will receive a link to the customer satisfaction survey in a separate e-mail. I would be very happy if you could fill these out.

If you have further questions, I am always at your disposal. For you a nice weekend.

Yours sincerely

Gregor Klinger
Adobe Customer Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is marked by Adobe product development as "Acknowledged", which means Adobe has verified the behavior, agreed it is a bug, and filed an internal bug report about it.

So what Adobe Support told you doesn't correspond with how Adobe has marked this topic.  Unfortunately, Support has a reputation for saying anything to close out a ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that a solution?  You should be able to auto set items on import, that's pretty basic and should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, me too.
I reproduced today using Lightroom Classic CC version 8.2 for two imported raw images.
I only set up the auto as the import preset. It: 
1. applied changes to all the basic tone settings in both images and they were slightly different in each image.
2. It did not apply anything to the Presence (Vibrance and Saturation) in either image
3. After import and in develop, pressing Auto created correct auto settings for both tone and presence in both images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Here is the result of "Auto settings" on IMPORT:
RackMultipart201904091421714ih-4ade2cc9-7520-4b0a-9bc6-0af66d46ac2b-342769340.jpg
- LEFT with "Build preview" set to Minimal, Embedded or Standard => Exposure +1.50
- RIGHT with "Build preview" set to 1:1 => Exposure +1.55
(be it with existing Classic-General>Auto setting preset or a newly created one with Auto settings)

Here is the result of "Auto settings" in DEVELOP => Exposure +0.64
RackMultipart2019040996623wwjr-6afc2b2f-5efd-46c9-9f0e-897c822883ed-47644947.jpg
("Auto settings" in LIBRARY with a 1:1 preview will give the same result, while it will give Exposure +0.52 without 1:1 preview... cf. the performance compromise explained by Simon Chen)

I hope this "Auto settings on import" bug will be solved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.3 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 8.3 solved it for me! (import with existing Auto setting or a new preset with Auto setting - whatever the "Build preview" setting is - will give exactly the same result as "Auto" in Develop, which is therefore greyed)
Thank you for the good work!

Side-note: on my same example, Exposure is now +1.28, meaning you probably tweaked "Auto setting" further a bit 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great - I can confirm the "Auto" is working again as it is supposed to be. Thank you for the hint to the fixed version 8.3 - Regards Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate