• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bizarre 2 finger scrolling behavior in grid view (Windows)

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing very bizarre2-finger trackpad scrolling behavior in grid-view on Lightroom on Windows. Iwill describe the behavior first, then give you the details/specs/etc.

1. In gridview, while hovering over the main center gridwindow, 2-finger trackpad scrolling is incredibly slow. I don't just mean slowas in an annoyance - I mean it's non-functional. Literally scrolls down afraction of a millimeter per each full swipe of the 2-finger scroll - it wouldtake you hours to scroll through 200 photos. Scrolling behaves normally in allother programs except for LR.
  2. If I hover the cursor above the scrolling bar, behavioris completely normal - scrolls up and down at normal speed and length.
  3. Depending on which panels I have open, sometimesscrolling vertically in the gridview actually scrolls the film strip at thebottom horizontally - regardless of the position of the mouse cursor, and evenwhen clicking back in the main gridview - it still scrolls only the film strip.
  4. Here's a very strange work around I've discovered: If Ienable filters, and the filter panel at the top is large enough (say more than2-3 lines down), behavior is again completely normal. Scrolling behaves as youwould expect it to with the cursor over the main photos in gridview, andscrolling is fast and smooth. As soon as I set the filters to "None"(or shrink the panel to a smaller size, say less than 2 lines), trackpadscrolling immediately becomes unresponsive again.
  5. Scrolling with the touch screen on my laptop behavescompletely normally.
  6. When a mouse is connected, scrolling with a mouse wheelbehaves completely normally.

I have doneextensive Googling of this, and found at least a few people with the identicalbehavior, but no solution yet. From my observations, most of these people hadhigh-res touch-enabled laptops, so not sure if it's something to do with that.Since obviously not everyone is experiencing this issue, and also as per Item#6 above, I suspect it's some kind of incompatibility with the specific modelof trackpad and LR. Here's my specs: I am using Lightroom 6 (most updatedversion as of today) on Windows 10, on a 2016 i5 Dell XPS 13 (with QHDtouchscreen). All drivers are updated. I'm a long-time LR user, previously on aMac, and never experienced this issue before.

Any ideas out there? Thanks!!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a ZenBook UX330UA with a non-touch display (QHD+, Windows 10 display scaling set to 200%), Lightroom 6.9. Two-finger touchpad scrolling in the grid view is extremely slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a Microsoft Surface Book with Performance base.  Windows 10, and Precision trackpad as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've come to the conclusion that it's due to the combination of Precision touchpad and high dpi screens on laptops using LR. Since we're in the minority of LR users, I doubt a solution will ever be implemented. Out of curiosity, did either of you try the strange workaround with the filter drop down? Not ideal because it reduces your screen space on an already cramped laptop, but it's the only thing I've found to work so far.

Also, apologies that the text in my original post has randomly deleted spaces. No idea how that happened, but overall I can say thee "Get Satisfaction"-powered communities are pretty terrible in general! Another issue for another day I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same Lightroom issue.  I have a work MBP that I love but can't keep using for much longer.  I bought an XPS 15 9550 this past week and discovered this problem.  Does anyone at least know if it is an issue across all of Windows laptops, just 4K screens, etc?  I am going to have to return this laptop so any help would be great.  I'd just grab a new MBP but the price is way more than I should need to pay, but I also need Lightroom to be super efficient for me beyond anything.

BTW, the issue does not exist when using Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.10.1 solved the scrolling behavior with two fingers on the touchpad for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate