• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cannot access Auto Import Settings from File menu

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing 2015.8, I can no longer access Auto Import Settings from the File menu.  Is this a new bug?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This issue should be fixed in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 132 Replies 132
132 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS? It's still working here on macOS Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also working on Windows 10. Make certain you are selecting an Empty Watched Folder prior to enabling Auto Import.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.11.6. I can't select and Empty watched folder, if I can't access the Auto Import Settings.  It still imports automatically based on the old settings, but I can't change anything or select a new destination folder.  When I go to the File menu and select "Auto Import Settings" nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then let's try a Preference file reset. 

Close Lightroom. Hold down [Opt]+[Shift] and relaunch Lightroom. Overwrite the preferences when prompted. Close Lightroom and reopen.

Can you access the menu option after doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Lightroom 2015.8 and MacOS 10.11.6. I will try a preference reset and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reproduced this issue using B Field's catalog today (but couldn't reproduce it with my own in the same machine) and submitted it as a bug internally. Preference reset didn't help. Manually removing the auto import settings from the catalog (NOT recommended!) did allow the dialog to open, and then it failed again when they were set again. Bug reference LRD-4194222.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I won't bother with a preferences reset then. I'll wait. While the auto import settings is important, I can still use Lightroom 2015.8 and I can use workarounds to import files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from me  too. I was worried about reseting the preferences in case I lost the preexisting folder set up. I'm currently auto importing to the job folder from last week then moving the images to a new folder at the end of the shoot. Not a great solution but it's workable and way better than losing all ability to auto import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue and although it is not a big issue for me as I always import to the same location then move them afterwards to separate folders,  but it is still annoying. (MacPro El Cap Lr 2015.8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria, I have cross-referenced the bug with this post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://goo.gl/photos/My7C5E9nrYRmR8AQ9
Error message when trying to access auto import settings.

I reset preferences, and when I opened LR I could access auto import settings just fine. Then I relaunched and opened my everyday catalog. Now when accessing auto import settings I get the same error message. I then optimizing my catalog to see if that would help. No change, I still get the error. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error with macOS 10.12.2. Even without trying to change the settings, Auto Import is no longer picking up new files added to the previously configured folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was merged with this one. Just to make it clear, auto import has stopped working on my config, AND I cannot access the settings. I say config because it will work on a new catalog, but not on my 150,000+ image, everyday catalog.

Win10, beefy hardward, LR2015.8

If an export of system info would help anyone, please explain how I can upload that.
Thanks for your help. I can see the agenda is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineers have a catalog that they've been able to reproduce the issue on, so a fix should be forthcoming. In the meantime, if you rely on Auto Import, you might want to roll back until that fix is available. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you LRQ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Victoria for progressing this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just throwing in a "me, too" for LR 2015.8 and Mac 10.12.1
Will keep watching for an update.

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with LR2015.8 release -- access to import settings was working then suddenly was inaccessible with the same error:  Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value.
Did an uninstall and reinstall via Creative Cloud app to no avail. Using a prior version in the meantime. 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Core i7-3820 CPU@3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with LR2015.8 release -- access to import settings was working then suddenly was inaccessible with the same error:  Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Core i7-3820 CPU@3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with one Catalog, but not another. I made a new catalog, imported everything from the old one. And it started working again 🙂
The I updated the DNG metadata, and it stopped working again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use one catalogue and it's huge, I don't want to create a new one and import. It looks like even doing that isn't the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a "me too" - getting the "attempt to index a nil value" message when trying to access Auto Import settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my case with W10 to the list too. Resetting preferences allowed to access auto import. Reload of catalogue resulted in same error message, greyed out "enable auto import" and "attempt to index a nil value" when trying to access settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also getting same message problem.  I have W10.  When I click on "auto import settings", I'm getting the message:  Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add me to the above list in not being able to access autoimport.

Votes

Translate

Translate