• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash (11.3) - Launch/Open Catalog - faulting module: substrate.dll : 411196 (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating LR today from the Cloud app on my PC it now fails with an error every time I open it. I have tried updating graphic card drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled LR itself but the problem persists. Was working fine yesterday. It is now unusable as the error occurs on starting up the software. Have sent crash reports via the error popup. Urgent help requested!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

An update to the Lightroom Classic (Version 11.3.1) was released on 4/20/2022 and contains (2) bug fixes. 

Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App. 

Note: 

You may need to refres

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 176 Replies 176
176 Comments
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the follow up and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I traced my issue to the home folder name change that I had previously done using Apple's guidelines. I had an iMac and a Macbook set up differently (home folder name) which caused issues whenever LR was reading RAW files from my Dropbox folder. I thought setting the same home folder name across both machines would fix it. Little did I know that I was going to introduce another bug with this.

That said, I reverted the change and LR loaded just fine. Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate