• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash (Mac and Windows) 8880536

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since LR Classic v13.0 & 13.0.1, I cannot work in a collection anymore due to systematic crashes.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Match poster's crash reports to existing bug. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The February 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match poster's crash reports to existing bug. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic plante systématiquement en cours d'utilisation depuis la mise à jour V13.
Des amis ayant Windows 10 ont vu le problème se régler avec la 13.0.1 mais ceux qui, comme moi, ont Windows 11 ont toujours le problème.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many crash reports have been sent through LR using the email address I am registered with.
Here is the message I get when LR crashes.

Claude3314273053is_0-1698177394756.png

You will easily understand that I don't want to share my email address in a forum ...
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only go by the email you use for the forum. If you don't want to share, you can direct message me the address. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, how to share my address with you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, I just checked and the address used in this forum is the one also used to send crash reports ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case, the next time you crash, screenshot the dialog and post it here please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy to crash again ! Here it is.

CloDeux_0-1698183190842.png

<deleted unnecessary text>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Ventura 13.6
Has been working just fine, even this morning. Went to lunch, leaving it on.
Came back to do some work, and now it crashes. Retried opening 4, 5 times, loads, just get to see my images ten crashes. Have uninstalled then reinstalled. No change. Critical to have resolved. Help?
Bente

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s?  Apple’s?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot indicates you've failed to fill out the Email Address portion when submitting.  Posting crash reports in a thread is not productive. The best thing you can do is fill out the crash report with your email address and communicate that to us. If your email used in this forum is different than the email you are using on the form, we won't be able to find it.  When you have submitted the report with your email address, please reply back here so that we can review our system for the report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased the email address before doing the screenshot to avoid sharing it.
Each time Lightroom failed, a crash report has been sent using same email address than the one used in this forum. You have already received tens of crash reports !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, can we expect soon release of V13.0.2 solving the problem that many people are apparently facing ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
Apologies for the lack of detail, as I am new here.

When I start up Lightroom Classic (13.0.1) it opens, arrives at the images from the last folder I was at, then crashes immediately. No mouse movement, no clicks to set it off. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, switch computer off and on.

I waited till the next morning, but the same happened.

There was no ADOBE crash dialogue box, and I see now it is an Apple one, which I will follow up with them, I guess.
Thanks for responding so quickly. Bente

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks and Rikk. I'm afraid it continues. Have updated Apple OpSys to Ventura 13.6.1, and in looking around, when Lightroom crashed again, it promted me to reinstall Creative Cloud. Believe I have done that (syncing problem disappeared) but on relaunch of LR Classic, it craches again after getting to quickly glimps the images in my folders. 
However, this time I got an Adobe crash report, which I have sent through with my email address. I hope something can be fixed. Pressing photo job in a week's time. Kindest, Bente

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, any news ? Lightroom doesn't work properly since release of Version 13. Time is flying and we have no answer from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2019 running Ventura 13.6 (IT has told me to wait on updating to Sonoma.

A few days ago I upgraded my entire suite of Adobe programs. I'm not getting a very bad bug in Lightroom Classic. For reference, my workflow often involves doing basic edits in LR, going to PS and doing more advanced cutting out and shadows of products, saving as a PSD and returning to LR. I then make a virtual copy to do final cropping and other edits. I do this so if/when my boss asks for additional fixes that involve PS, I can go back to PS and do those edits without having to re-do all of the final stuff in LR as the virtual copy will automatically update to mimic the PSD file changes. 

Now, when I save the PSD file and return to LR and create the virtual copy, I'm getting crashing happening at times. I thought it was only happening when trying to apply a color range mask to the psd virtual copy, but a few minutes ago it happened when I only attempted to select the virtual copy in the filmstrip. I'm sending crash reports every time but have not gotten any correspondence from Adobe. Can anyone here help me? This is enormously deterimental to my workflow and makes me really regret upgrading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above post is obviously supposed to say "I'm now getting a very bad bug in Lightroom Classic." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I have the same issue, LR 13.0.1 is constantly crashing. Sometimes after a few minutes, if I am lucky I can work 30 minutes.

Do you developing a bug fix?

Best Regards, Holger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk. We cannot stay without any feedack from Adobe ! Almost one month now that Lightroom crashes with no reason after version 13 implementation and we, users, are left with no feedback, no hope to see situation improving and ... we continue to pay our monthly fees for a software not delivering what it should deliver.
Please, provide us with some feedback, some delay for bug correction, some hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

There is  no update from Adobe one month after ...

I still cannot work on the following situation :

• In the Book module (systematic)
  • Synchronizing actions on a selection of images in Library module (systematic)
  • after 1 or 2 minutes when working on a collection (going from Development to Library and vice versa)

It's becoming more than urgent you solve the problem.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now, not possible to use Lightroom anymore as it crahes at the launch.

I had to recover a catalog back-up to be able to launch Lightroom again...

It's a nighthmare !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.5.2.  This morning when I opened Lightroom Classic (v. 13.0.1) it opened as usual.  I then went to access a different image in Library mode. Went into Develop to make some changes in the Basic tab. Made some small changes and then got booted out.  Since then, everytime I try to reopen LLC I am immediately booted out and get an error report (which I think I've sent).  

I have rolled back to version 13 - no change.

I have uninstalled.  Shut down my computer and reinstalled - no change.

I have emptied my Lightroom cache.

Not sure what else to try.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate