• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on)

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have updated to LR Classic CC 7.3  Develop module when using the crop tool it shows the last image cropped for about 1 second before showing the current selected image.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

Lightroom Classic 7.4 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018
We have logged a bug for this. We are working on fixing this and update here when we have a fix for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
78 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not fixed in 7.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on an iMac Pro.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same cropping problem here. macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on iMac 2017. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update..., same bugs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of bugs were solved with 7.3.1, but indeed not all of them. This kind of bug fix update is always a trade off between what gets fixed and how long it takes to release it. There were a few high priority bugs that needed fixing fast, and this one is just a glitch, so I guess they felt it could wait a little longer.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed for me in 7.2, then 7.3 broke it [7.3.1 still broken]. Now even going back to 7.2 doesn't work!
Fed up of being told to disable GPU, gone back to Capture One, won't be renewing my plan if not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug fix update 7.3.1 didn't eliminate this issue. When will Adobe fix this new bug they introduced? It's not fatal, but it's a big distraction. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of hard to describe. So I recorded my screen. https://youtu.be/vyhtoP_yZ4w

Basically when you crop a photo, it's all fine, but when you go to the next photo and select crop on that, it shows the previous photo, with the crop you had, then shows the next photos, with noticeable lag. I am not running a weak system, I have a 6 core/12 thread machine for video work running SSD's. This is a lightroom glitch that seemed to come up when the newer version came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe fix this new bug they introduced?

Only Adobe knows, and they rarely say ahead of time. Be sure to add your opinion and Me Too vote to the bug report linked earlier in this thread -- that will make it a little more likely they'll prioritize a bug fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Adobe product developers read everything posted in that other forum with the bug report but rarely participate here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as the rest here. Bought a brand-new iMac especially for working with Lightroom.

Now its WORSE than it ever was with my 4 year old iMac *sniffs*

Now the wedding season has started and I have a couple of 1000`s pictures to edit. This causes considerable delay in my work flow and is NOT acceptable - with thousands of pictures to edit its HOURS of extra time -  - please, please, please work this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know! For now there’s a temporary fix, just disable the GPU, that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for repeating what has already been said several time in this thread. 
Seriously ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it works for now as we wait for an update. Better than having the issue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports posted: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add details of your issue to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports posted: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Crop tool showing last image (GPU on) | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just installed Lightroom 6 on my Windows 7 x64 machine.
It works just fine, however, after processing picture A (in the develop module) and switching to picture B (using the right arrow) if I click on "R" (crop) or "\" (compare to before) or zoom in, I see for a fraction of a second a flicker of the previously processed image A. (and I've already switched to image B)
FYI, I have an nVidia GTX 650 video card and process D810 raw files. Perhaps you're developing on super fast hardware and you don't notice it, but on my machine I do notice it all the time.
This doesn't occur when the graphics card acceleration is disabled, so this is clearly an acceleration bug. Also, it only happens when I have a secondary display enabled (I have a single card with dual DVI monitor support).

Very annoying!

While it causes no harm and it happens only the first time for each new picture I process, I find it very annoying. It's clearly a bug, because this shouldn't happen.

I can probably capture and post a video of this.

-- TR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the moment I am clicking on the crop overlay tool in the develop module the picture that I  worked on before flares up for a fraction of a second. Adobe Germany support recommended to deactivate the graphic processor in Lightroom > preferences > performance by unchecking the relevant box.

By doing this I indeed got rid of the problem but still it cannot be right I have to deactivate the graphic processor, especially as I did not have that problem when I worked with LR 4 before I subscribed to LR CC Classic lately. I am sure without the GPU the working speed will go down on certain operations.  

To me it seems likely that LR 7.3.1 has a bug in the interface to the GPU of my iMac.

My GPU is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with previous cropped images appearing briefly. Please make fixing this a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help to comment metoo?

Macbook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013
Lightroom 7.3.1
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If you are experiencing the issue, please hit the [Me Too] button. It helps us track the overall impact of any particular issue.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to 'develop'/edit photo then editor shows previously edited photo for awhile and then displays photo I currently selected for editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too, very frustrating when you use this tool a lot for small tweaks and it slows down your workflow. I hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see Im not the only one with this problem, I work on Mac latest version and post my first report on the same problem beneath , so i was directed to this site by another person, hope they sort this out soon, I feel like chewing on my arms or something !

Hi everyone, please help this is so frustrating ! I have LR Classic 7.3.1 (Latest version) when i crop a photo and go on to the next photo and press the crop tool for that photo it jumps back to the last cropped photo and first show you that crop and then jumps back to the one that you actually wants to crop, it jumps back and forth every time i press the crop tool on a photo, I tried both the keyboard short cut for the crop tool as well as on the icon itself. Maybe its just a setting that i can deselect or something. Hope someone can help me ! Thanks... Ronel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have logged a bug for this. We are working on fixing this and update here when we have a fix for the same.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom Classic 7.4 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate