• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens profile lost after DNG export

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! After updating to 11.4, when I export to DNG, it loses the lens profile, after importing such a file to another computer, or even again in my Lightroom, there are no Panasonic profiles at all. Rolled back to 11.3.1 and it works fine. Any ideas how to fix it or is it a bug in the new version?

Screenshot 2022-06-22 171939.pngScreenshot 2022-06-22 171940.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Thank you for reporting and sharing the file @apavlin. This is an issue. We will fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't replicate on my Mac, the latest version. Exported a DNG with lens profile as another DNG, imported, the profile was there. Maybe a Windows bug but fine on Mac.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screen capture shows the Panasonic profile (and indicates “Camera settings”) did that get applied automatically? Did you export the raw image as a DNG after the lens profile was applied?

The second image ( I presume the DNG) indicates that a built-in lens profile was applied. Very strange. This is evident as the obvious distortion is displayed in the second screen capture.

Is it possible to share a raw image file that shows this problem via Dropbox or similar so other users can check what you are experiencing?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition the List of Supported lenses available from Adobe in LrC 11.4 does not contain any Panasonic lenses. So the profile applied is contained in the Original Raw image file. It appears it did not get included in the DNG file.

There is at one other issue with converting to DNG using LrC 11.4.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if "enable profile corrections" is checked and set to auto or default, so the right panasonic profile is applied automaticaly to raw image. Then, if I export raw image as a DNG and import, it loose the profile. 

I´ve uploaded this raw + xmp (with my corrections applied)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-AsC8FxDo2g-teuEebXF1OEAeVjVO7Kf?usp=sharing

Could be great if you can check it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will download and have a look. I have also posted some new info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I can confirm exactly what you are experiencing.

The Lens profile supplied in the camera setting is not carried into the DNG file and is therefore not applied.

I would advise that you create a bug report in the appropriate section of the forum where I would be pleased to add my support.

This is happening on my laptop PC windows 11, with the latest update, I am on vacation so do not have access to my iMac to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes wrote:

Ok I can confirm exactly what you are experiencing.

On Windows? Because I can't replicate with my own images on Mac. Maybe the OP can upload his DNG for testing on Mac. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A aparent work around. Select the DNG in file in Library module and go to the menu bar Metadata > read metadata from the file, the distortion correct appears to get corrected but the lens info does not display.

Not something I would be happy with, this need to be attended to ASAP if the integrity of the DNG file function is to be preserved.

DdeGannes_1-1655930729844.png

The barrel distortion of the DNG has been corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At, thedigitaldog I am only now seeing your post. Yes I checked on my Win PC as indicating in a subsiquent post. The author has supplied a raw file and xmp sidecar.

Some additional indpfo, the camera used is a Panasonic mini 4/3 body and the Lens Correction is in the raw file so it gets applied automatically at import. Adobe does not offer any lens profiles for mini four thirds lenses for Panasonic or Olympus cameras so that is why he is not seeing the lens in the List of supported lenses in LrC.

You will see some further info in my last post.

Just to confirm I imported the raw file supplied then exported as a DNG and experienced the same problem. I did not import using copy as DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I did another test and imported the raw file again (the files were deleted after my initial test) and used the menu function Library> Convert to DNG and this operated as expected. It appears the issue only happens when using export as DNG.

See the screen capture.

DdeGannes_0-1655940992822.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting and sharing the file @apavlin. This is an issue. We will fix this bug. 

Venkatesh Penjuri
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  I'm having the exact same thing happen.  I'm glad I found this post because I couldn't tell what was really happening.  It's the lens profile that is getting lost when I open up the DNG from LR into PS.  Can you help?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the problem was solved with one of the next updates last year, after that everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It doesn't seem resolved on my end. It's an intermittent problem which is weird too.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, too, am having this issue currently. Fuji X-T5 raw files work fine and retain their lens profiles when imported directly to Lightroom, but when converted to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter, they do not. 

Using LR Classic 12.5, Adobe Raw 15.5, and DNG Converter 15.3.0.1451. I'm also using in-camera "Compressed Raw" lossless, if that makes a difference.

Note that LR is showing "Built-in Lens Profile applied," even though it clearly has not (look at the curvature of the fence posts). As often as not, LR will show "Unable to load lens profile."

I can also confirm that files converted using Adobe DNG Converter DO maintain their correct profile settings until they are edited in LR and have had their metadata updated using "Save Metadata to File," or when exported as a new DNG from Lightroom. If a converted DNG file is opened in Photoshop, the correct profile is maintained if the metadata has not been updated with Lightroom. Those lens profiles ARE NOT, however maintained in Lightroom. Basically, if you convert a Fuji raw filed to  DNG, Lightroom isn't recognizing the lens profiles, but the file isn't altered until you save the metadata or export a new DNG.

X-T5 Raw file.X-T5 Raw file.Same file converted to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter.  Note distortion in fence post and gate.Same file converted to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter. Note distortion in fence post and gate.

Votes

Translate

Translate