• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library Filter (Shutter Speed and Aperture) Click Arrow does not work

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When looking at the Metadata for a photo while in LrC, clicking on the filter button beside some of the metadata fails to successfully apply the appropriate filter. The problem seems to be that the action populates the first column of the metadata filter criteria with the wrong metadata. For example, I click on the filter button beside the aperture of an image in the metadata for that image. The first column of the metadata filter then gets populated with the various possible lenses. The resultis that the results window just shows "Loading" and the process is hung. Clicking back on the desired folder populates the window without the filter. The same problem can be repeated by selecting the small filter button for shutter speed. Again the first column of the metadata filter is populated with lenses and the filter fails in the same manner as described above. I am working on a Windows machine with the latest build of LrC. My OS is Win 10 and is up to date.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Thanks for the reports. I've logged this with the team. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a BUG for "Aperture" when using the Arrow to filter in the Metadata panel.  It appears to use whatever is in the first column of the filter.  My first column was Date and when clicking the arrow by Aperture I got this which is wrong.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 9.38.56 AM.jpg

If I manually set the column to Aperture the correct data shows up

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 9.39.33 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too see this misbehavior with Aperture and Shutter Speed.

I tested all the fields with right arrows in the Metadata panel and observed just one other problem: IPTC > Source Type has a right arrow displayed, with the tool tip "Go to URL".  But clicking the right arrow does nothing. I think this is because internally, Source Type is represented as a URL, e.g. 

sourceType = "http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/digitalsourcetype/

sourceType = "http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/digitalsourcetype/negativeFilm"

Either clicking the arrow should open the browser on that URL, or the right arrow should not be displayed for Source Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move to Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reports. I've logged this with the team. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I verified that Aperture and Shutter Speed now work correctly, and the arrow to the right of IPTC Extension > Source Type has been removed (there is no Metadata browser column for Source Type).

Votes

Translate

Translate