• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Local-adjustment presets saved with default tone curves won't reset non-default tone curves

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local-adjustment presets saved with default tone curves won't reset tone curves back to the default values.

To reproduce on LR 13.1 / Mac OS (see the attached recording):

1. Make a Linear Gradient mask.

2. Save a local-adjustment preset named Clear.

3. Change every setting in the local-adjustment panel, including the tone curves.

4. In the Preset menu, select Clear.

5. Observe that every local-adjustment setting has been reset back its default value except for the tone curves.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Thanks for the report, @John R Ellis . I've logged a ticket with the team to review.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Greetings all, 

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report, @John R Ellis . I've logged a ticket with the team to review.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The May 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is related to the original issue, but after the Update to 13.3 I'm having issues with presets not applying curves to images at all. Right now the only fix seems to be to apply a different preset, or switch between presets. The issue seems to only apear when applying a preset to an unedited picture and also not every single time. But it sure is annoying as hell...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i gotta Update my comment - this seems to be unrelated to the original issue. The preset will be correctly applied, BUT the image itself lakes the adjustments from the curves tool. Switches between images corrects this and the preset is fully applied. So this seems to be related to the image preview, caching or something along those lines and not the actual curves tool itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....aaaand another update, I'm sorry, but I can't edit my comment, so I've got to add a new one every time. So my last comment is incorrect, the issue does indeed persist. Curves are not applied to the image, but when switching to another image and then back, the curves are shown as active, even though they are not. If I edit the curves they are being applied, but only applying the preset itself will in many cases not apply the curves saved in that preset. I tried different catalogues and I tried optimizing, restarting, clearing the cache, deleting and reimporting presets etc but nothing seems to work. So, I'm back at annoying as hell...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I wanted to follow up in regards to this update/post. I recently updated LRC today 5/24/24. Is there set to be another update 24 hrs post? I believe I have the most current version to date at 13.3 and it is not applying the tone curve to any new images I am applying a preset/edit to. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanlyphotography  same issue here, I've opened a new bug here :https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/issues-when-applying-presets-with-custo...

I hope Adobe figures this out, because it really makes using lightroom a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, I've verified that the bug recipe in this report no longer produces bad behavior in my LR 13.3.

The issue experienced by @felixb62617238 is different, and they've opened a new report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/issues-when-applying-presets-with-custo...

@susanlyphotography, your issue also sounds different than this bug. Check out @felixb62617238's report, and if the precise behavior is the same as what you're experiencing, add your me-too to that thread and follow it. If, however, there are some differences, then you don't have "the same issue" and it would be best to start a new thread precisely describing the steps you're taking that lead to the bad outcomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually contacted an agent that was able to access my laptop remotely and see what was going on. It seems like there was an issue with the new catalogue it forced me to create after updating LRC. After creating a new test cataloge and importing images, all presets were applied correctly moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind. It's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate