This post needs a body

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017
Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 287 Replies 287
287 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nice thing about lr5.7 is it is extremely easy to add in more functionality. The map in lightroom isn't that important , more important is being able to select the files for processing which can easily be done.  http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/gps 
Giving adobe more money because their software is broken doesn't sit well but its relatively easy to work round. If it's real gps coordinates you want to add e.g a gpx track from an android phone or a Garmin unit then the link above is for you.  If you are faking it then open the files in finder and use another application to add the gps locations. 
Exiftool will write anything you need it too. There are a number of projects that use it to actually write to the raw file. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eartoearoak.gpxlogger 

is a very simple logger for gpx on android , simple as start stop and pause.  I go somewhere i start this on my phone and go take photos , most often i'm at home before i remember to turn it off 🙂 but transfer the gpx file to your computer and jeffs gps lightroom plugin will  attach the gps data to your photos and give real world locations too. these can be used at different levels to pull up photos in lightroom e.g ireland would do any irish photo county cork just photos in county cork and you can view in google earth or other maps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr 6 should not have the map-offline-problem. If it has, it did not upgrade to the latest version (6.13 currently).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is anyone on this particular comment thread having this map offline issue with current versions of the Lightroom products (Lightroom 6.13, Lightroom Classic CC 7.1)?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Melissa
Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Problem was resolved for my subscription based product (now LR Classic) a couple months ago. I will say it took too long to resoloe, but is now a non issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the problem with the latest edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if providing an essential fix for for free has anything to do with people's pay-checks at Adobe. That is not how things work at an organization like Adobe. So that comment is nonsense and does not help anyone here (not even the people at Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just sucks. I have 4.4 too. I paid for it, and now it's not working. My plan was to buy next version of LR and stick with it for few years again, but there is none anymore. I shoot rarely, and pay 12EUR monthly is just insane for me. It would be cheaper to hire a pro to shoot these photos for me. That's what I get for stop stealing software 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue on Mac with the latest update for Lightroom Classic CC Release 7.3.1, Camera RAW 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan Elzenga;  This is not a question of updates for life.  It is a question of Adobe breaking something that was working thus forcing customers with a perpetual license to upgrade to maintain functionality.  This is typical of Adobe.   I did not originally choose Lightroom.  Adobe bought another software company to eliminate it from the market place and a "upgrade" to that software put me in the Adobe dependency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn’t break anything. Google did.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, same result. Guess I'll have to find an alternative. I will not buy subscription licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please copy/paste the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info. Unfortunately, the CC desktop app often fools people into thinking they're running "the latest".

Votes

Translate

Translate