• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mouse wheel changes brush size and scrolls image.

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC (2015) when editing the mask for the gradients if I use the mouse wheel to change the size of the brush whilst zoomed into the image then it also scrolls the image up/down as well.

This behaviour is different to the adjustment brush tool where the mouse wheel just changes the size of the brush.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same behavior Andy on a Windows 7 machine. I will report it.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR CC, now we finally have the brush in the graduated/radial filters. And, same as in the adjustment brush, we can use the mouse wheel to change size, which comes in very handy.

But when using the new brush inside the graduated radial filters, the mouse wheel not only changes brush size, but also scrolls the image, which makes it for an extremely confusing experience. Scrolling through the image using the mouse wheel should be disabled while in this mode, as it is when using the "regular" adjustment brush.

(Note: You have to be zoomed in to check it, if image is fit to screen, there's no possible scroll)

(LR CC, Win 8.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Graduated filter or Radial filter and zoomed in with the Navigator in the new BRUSH mode, changing the brush size with the mouse wheel causes the screen to scroll wildly as well as changes the brush size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop module, after drawing a Radial filter and then zooming in to 1:1 or 2:1 and invoking a brush with key to paint out some of the radial oval, the scroll wheel on the mouse moves both the image window as well as adjusting the brush size. In this context it should only adjust the brush size and not move the window.

LR CC (2015), Windows/7 64bit, Microsoft 2 button mouse with scroll wheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use the erase brush while you are working with the gradient filter and you use the scroll wheel of your mouse, you will notice that not only the brush size changes (as expected) but also the picture is moving up or down. This is the case if you have enlarged your picture 1:1 by pressing space bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and if you try to change the feather (shift + mouse wheel), the image scrolls vertically. At least the bug is consistent 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Cc/2015.1 seems to have fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see this issue in my LR 6 CC. The CC app says I'm up to date with the latest version - is there a more definitive way to verify that I have 2015.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you launch LR, in the bottom left corner should say 2015.1 (if you're running the CC version which you say you are. Or, click "help" on the menu, then "About Photoshop Lightroom CC". At the top left under the word "Adobe" is should say "2015.1 release"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I didn't see any version identifier in either of those locations, so I guess that meant I didn't have 2015.1 installed, even though CC said there were no updates available. I installed LR6 from the CC control panel and reinstalled and that pulled down the 2015.1 version. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate