• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Navigator preview pane shows wrong photo

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 5 sometimes the Navigator preview pane display gets stuck on a different photo than what I'm working on in the develop module. I haven't managed to figure out when in happens specifically, but I notice it once every few working sessions.
Thanks, David

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017
Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
74 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've noticed this too. It can be most frustrating! Switching back to the Library module usually fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me also, only in Develop mode. In Library mode it shows the correct image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 5.0 and Lightroom 5.2 RC, while in the Develop module, when you hover over a photo in the filmstrip other than the one currently active, the preview in the Navigator panel changes to the photo the mouse pointer is hovering over, which is what's expected. But if you move the mouse pointer very quickly to any other panel, the Navigator preview doesn't revert back to the currently active photo as you would expect it to.

This problem also occurs in the Library module when you move the mouse pointer very quickly to the panels on the right-hand side (Histogram, Quick Develop, etc.).

If you switch between the Develop and Library modules, the Navigator preview may or may not revert to the currently active photo, depending on where your mouse pointer is.

When I try this in Lightroom 4, this problem does not occur.

Running on Win 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens under LR 5.2. Very disappointing. Going back and forth between Develop and Library doesn't always fix it. I have seen this in some previous versions as well. Too bad that Adobe can't fix it for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous, Hi to all !
je dispose de cette version depuis hier , j'ai constaté la même chose que vous, mais je mettais cette question sous la cause de mon inexpérience

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens ALL THE TIME in 5.0 and 5.2. This is even more extremely annoying when you use the preview window as a way to navigate around an image while zoomed in, since you have no idea what you're even clicking on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too - sometimes moving to another image and back fixes, sometimes I need to restart. The Navigator preview pane also sometimes stops showing the preset previews when you hover across the preset names. This happened in 5.0 and still in 5.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have found a workaround for this issue. When preview image is stuck in Develop module, I simply selected a different image using the Filmstrip panel at the bottom of the the screen while in Develop module. Could have been a fluke, let me know if it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, a quick question - are you still seeing the wrong image in the Navigator panel when you are in Develop module?
if so, What version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is still there. I can reproduce it on every public build of LR5 from the 5.0 beta through the recently released 5.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you write me a set of specific steps so that I can try to reproduce? OS?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you write me a specific set of steps so that I can attempt to reproduce? Which OS do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 x64 Pro.

The steps? Specific mouse gestures. Would take too long to write up a detailed enough explanation though, which is why I've offered in the past to speak directly.

The TLDR: LR doesn't properly track mouse movements from one UI element to another and sometimes thinks the mouse is still hovering over the previous element still, when it isnt. (this also causes a bug where the mouse cursor is wrong, such as showing a "resize" cursor instead of the default "pointer" cursor over the "Folders" panel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, until I can duplicate it there isn't a lot I can do to help. I run Win 7 64 in my production studio and don't see this happen. I did many versions ago but it was fixed and never came back.

If you can get me some steps to try, I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offer is still available for me to give live demonstrations via something like G+ Hangouts with a detailed explanation as to what is going on. 😉

But yeah, from recent testing I've more or less confirmed that it is a bug in the mouse tracking code, and can now consistently reproduce it 100% of the time with some specific mouse gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you change this preference, does that help the behavior become more manageable?

Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yeah, that "fixes" it, because mouse tracking is the issue to begin with. Disabling the mouse tracking of course makes the issue disappear. But that doesn't solve the issue, that only hides one symptom (that being the preview panel). There are OTHER issues with mouse tracking within LR, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent, I sent you an email to either get a video of how to repro or do a screen share. Let me know if you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggesting this workaround -- it works for me!

Is there a way to move the filmstrip to the second screen? I'd like to do this until such time as Adobe permanently fixes the Navigator issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have an issue where the image in the navigator does not match the image I am looking at. Even if I click on a diff thumbnail the image updates but not the image in the navigator. I therefore cannot get an Idea of what an image will look like when I scroll over a preset.
Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. Last week I decided to clean install Yosemite. Nothing to do with trying to get rid of this bug! I clean installed Yosemite by formatting the hard drive first. The first thing I did after setup completed was to reinstall Lightroom 5.7 to see if this bug was indeed a bug or something particular to my hardware and software. Well the preview bug showed itself within minutes! Also the same in Lightroom 6.

Certainly lots of people have reported this issue. I've had it now for two years and it's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I also have the same problem with LR 6.01 in Win 7. I've used LR since day one, and never had this problem with previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to LR CC -- I'm with you. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed. I'm reading complaints above from a YEAR ago. I love LR it's an amazing application, but I had no idea how much I used that window until it was taken away. Please fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for my purposes. I can't speak for the others, but I appreciate your help in solving my problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is broken in the latest version of LR and has been annoying me since version 4 at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate