• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Non-selected mask overlay stays visible in Lightroom Classic 11.0

Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Lightroom Classic 11.0 (on Windows 10) and took a look at the new masks, but have found 2 strange behaviors. In both cases, the overlay for a mask that is not selected stays visible, although it shouldn't. Here's how to replicate:

Behavior 1:

- create 2 masks

- with Mask 1 selected, press and hold S to display the pins of all the masks

- while holding S, hover with the mouse over the Mask 2 pin to display the overlay

- with the overlay still visible (i.e. the cursor on the pin), stop pressing S

- the Mask 2 overlay stays visible, although it has not been selected.

- hovering the cursor on the pin of the (still selected) Mask 1 will temporarily hide Mask 2 overlay and show Mask 1 overlay, but when the cursor is moved away from the Mask 1 pin, the Mask 2 overlay reappears

Here's how it looks:

MNiessenPhoto_0-1635273471042.png

The active Mask 1 contains only the visible radial filter, while the overlay that is shown is from Mask 2, after following the steps explained above.

Behavior 2:

- with Mask 1 selected, hover the mouse over its pin. The overlay displays (correctly).

- with the cursor still above the Mask 1 pin, press and hold S and move the cursor over the Mask 2 pin

- Mask 2 overlay doesn't show (it should)

- release S and move the cursor. Mask 2 is now displayed, though Mask 1 is still selected

- as in the previous case, hovering the cursor on the (still selected) Mask 1 will temporarily hide Mask 2 overlay and show Mask 1 overlay, but when the cursor is moved away from the Mask 1 pin, the Mask 2 overlay reappears

In both situations, I can reset the overlay visibility to its correct state by either holding S and moving the mouse anywhere on the picture, or simply by moving the mouse to a side panel.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Setting status to acknowledged. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with Mask 1 selected, press and hold S to display the pins of all the masks

Is that a typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is that a typo?"

Not sure what you think might be a typo...

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly sure the S keyboard shortcut relates to Stacks, not pins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacks are in the Library module, not Develop. In the Develop module, S is used to enable the Soft Proofing.

That said, in the newly released LrC 11.0, when working with masks and one is active, holding S displays the pins of all the other masks.

So I confirm, no typo 😉

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally, we are all learning the new interface. Trying the new tools.

So, playing with the Masks, check the Overlay settings, default is to show overlay for selected, option to show the other way around.

I am having an issue seeing various pins, even though set to always. Clearly a learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So, playing with the Masks, check the Overlay settings, "

This is clearly not an overlay settings issue. Maybe on other systems the explained method cannot be replicated, but on my version, this can be repeated again and again, even after restarting. The way it happens, I don't see how this could not be a bug...

"I am having an issue seeing various pins, even though set to always. "

As far as I can tell, the pin visibility behavior works as expected (and as in previous versions) when you have multiple masks but none is selected (i.e. you have closed and opened the mask tool again, or pressed Escape to deselect the latest active mask). Once you've selected a mask in the list or by clicking on its pin, however, you need to press the S key to view the other masks' pins as well.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a mask is active, holding the 'S' key is used as toggle to show/unshow 'Unselected Pins'. I've attached a copy of the keyboard shortcuts associated with the new Masking feature. You can access the keyboard shortcut list by clicking on the '?' button at top right corner of Mask panel.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, Ian, but that's not the issue here...

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was adressing the use of the 'S' key that appeared to be causing some confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MNiessenPhoto Thanks for reporting the issue, I could replicate as well, and we're investigating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting Status to Investigation started

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to acknowledged. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate