Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Odd pointer behavior randomly appearing in LRC 12.3

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Working with LRC 12.3, I've noticed an odd behavior of the mouse pointer a number of times now, but I can't really figure out the exact conditions and how to reproduce it (yet). I'm posting here just to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

For example:

• when I'm zoomed in, the mouse pointer only shows the "Hand" symbol (to move the zoomed area around) while I make movements (with my mouse); when I don't move it, it reverts to the normal pointer.
  • similary, when I'm using the Brush with a local adjustment, it only shows the brush as pointer while I move it; when I don't move it, it reverts to the normal pointer.

I hope this description makes sense.

My system is a 2019 27" iMac with 40GB memory, Radeon 580X 8GB. If it's of any importance, I'm running the iMac's 27" screen scaled, at 2880 x 1620 instead of its native 2560 x 1440, but this behavior is new to Lightroom Classic 12.3 and did not occur in version 12.2.1

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Add to bug

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The June 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The June 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.1 here and I still see the flicker between the Lr tool mouse pointer and the OSX mouse pointer. I've seen this issue for many years. Tried disabling GPU but no change. 

Sonoma 14.1.1

Mac Studio M1 Ultra but same behavior under 8700K intel imac

128GB ram 48-core GPU version

[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@naestyoh  it was fixed for me in LrC 12.4, and has reappeared with version 13, but the steps to reproduce the bug reliably evade me; the ones originally described in this thread don't seem to trigger it.

Votes

Translate

Translate