• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module list of page sizes doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I have no issues in other apps (PS, QImage, etc) which correctly show me the list of supported pages sizes. Indeed, LR seems to know about the options as the "Printer..." dialog has a Scale to fit paper size option that is correct. It just looks like the Page Setup list of print sizes never gets updated and stays on the "Any Printer" default list.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues.

I can partially get around this with custom page sizes, but I can't trick the printer into doing borderless prints that way.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

5/09/24: (Update)   Anecdotal reports indicate that Beta 4 of macOS 14.5 corrects this issue. 

Previous:
Note: We are tracking this internally but are dependent on the OS manufacturer to supply an update. 

This thread will be notified when there is a change. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

With the release of macOS 14.5, this issue should be fixed. Please update your Macs to this version of the OS.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Head over to P: Print module list of page sizes doesn't update - Adobe Community - 14484940

**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />>**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.5), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE<br />**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that with an Epson P-800 on both Lightroom and Capture One I cannot select the page size. On other apps like safari there are no problems, I attach 2 photos 

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently shut down my Mac and Epson SC-P900 for a few days while away. At the same time I changed Broadband/Fibre providers so acquired a new router. 

On returning and powering up I reconnected the printer to the new WiFi network but when I go to the Lightroom Classic Print Tab and select Page Setup, I dont see any options for Borderless prints that I had before. I have spent a couple of hours with Epson support and I have all the latest drivers for the printer and I see the correct page sizes in Photoshop but I cant see what I need in Lightroom.

I have tried rolling back to a previous lightroom version but its the same outcome. I have added a screen shot of what I now see. Previously there were multiple options for each paper size. 

Any idea please as its driving me mad? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to MacOS Sonoma 14.4? If so, that's your answer. Adobe is still not acknowledging the issue.

**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />>**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.5), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE<br />**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same situation with an epson p-800 on mac, let's hope that adobe moves, for now I'm using a qimage binartem r.i.p... at this point I'm thinking of buying it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did update to 14.4, that seems to be the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacOS 14.4. with Lightroom Classic 13.2 and am having problems printing from the Print module in Lightroom. Until some time ago I had no problems. In Lightroom, I am shown completely different paper formats (less and some fancy formats) than when I open the print dialog via another application (see example images). Above all, communication with the printer in Lightroom then works very poorly and printing often fails.
What could be the reason for this? Is this a Lightroom problem?
I am using an Epson ET-18100 with the latest firmware.

Paper Formats via Lightroom

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-25 um 19.39.42.png

Paper Formatrs via MAcOS (Same Printer)Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-25 um 19.38.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, has anyone installed today’s macOS 14.4.1 update, and does it help with this problem?

https://tidbits.com/2024/03/25/macos-14-4-1-sonoma-and-macos-13-6-6-ventura-fix-bugs-and-vulnerabili...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.4.1 does not make any difference. I got an email from dobe saying they are aware of the problem, they are working on it and to wait for an update from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avec la mise à jour Apple Mac OS 14.4.1 pas de changement toujours le bug

ou alors avec la mise à jour de lightroom ça changera j'attends...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue in page setup on latest version of LR Classic, no 4x6, 5x7, etc., and no borderless options but I am getting the full selection of options in Photoshop and other apple apps. Running on a Mac Studio and latest OS, version 14.4.1 (23E224).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously suggested two workarounds for this issue:

1) Create new custom paper sizes (in LrC but can do this from other apps, too). This has some drawbacks like getting the sizes right, borderless can still be painful.

2) Export to Photoshop (with LrC edits). This works fine, the print dialog is actually better there and includes soft proofing, but I did detect some color differences in my tests compared to using #1 on 4x6. Yes I did check all the color matching options and profile settings.

I will now add a 3rd one: use Epson Print Layout. After installing, this will appear in the list of Export with Presets menu, as well as the generic Export ... dialog. This has a few advantages, especially if you are using roll paper for panoramas.  But it does not seem to be useful for using the LrC layouts with more than one image (e.g., contact sheets) - I didn't spend a lot of time on that since letter size works for me in that case. From my brief testing (single image), the color exactly matched LrC (double checking color management/profile).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem also exists in Adobe Reader.  looks like Adobe and Apple not playing nice again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Photoshop does work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, can't load borderless papers, and creating a custom one w/o borders doesn't work either. Printing from PS does work fine

Sonoma 14.4.1, LRC 13.2, Canon G620, Airplay driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here since updating to MacOS 14.4. Problem remaining with 14.4.1

As for other people here paper formats are shown correctly in  like Photoshop, Safari, Apple photos, .. but not in Lightroom  Classic 13.2..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there is no news posted here, assuming there has been no progress on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think so. With Sonoma 14.4.1 .on my MacStudio and LrC 13.2. i cant get access to all the paper formats/sizes that are shown in other applications. There was no bugfixing by updateing from 14.4 to 14.4.1 about one week ago, so all my hopes are now based on the next lightroom update (hopefully coming soon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as many have said, I'm just printing from PS or the Epson Print Layout app, both do a good job, but still, as I'm sure you and everyone else, would like the LR functionality back. I read, maybe here, that C1 and a few others are also broken...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview, Pixelmator Pro, and Photoshop all work with an Epson 3880 and  M1 14.4.1, but not Lightroom Classic. The printing module in Lightroom Classic has not worked correctly for months and there's been more than enough proof of the problem. Now, the print module in LrC is all but useless. With all due respect to Adobe, this is unacceptable. Fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same here, printer cannon 200pro, got latest updates in my imac and lightroom. Has there been a fix yet. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues as others.  Upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 and are now missing many of the paper sizes in LRC (I should know better and not upgrade when first available).  I now have to export the picture and print from other applications which is an additional step that I did not have to do. and makes it more tedious  This needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - i am able to see all size options in safari, photoshop, etc, but not adobe acrobat pro. Thank goodness I have a macbook pro that didn't auto update to sonoma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with my Canon ipf785 plotter, paper sizes no longer show up which screws up Vectorworks and Acrobat, and even Text Edit.  so this is an Apple problem, but a big one.  Oddly my Ricoh Laser printer seems OK.  I don't know why that should be.

Mac OS 14.4.1, M2Ultra MacPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate