• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem when using copy and paste or sync in develop module with WB changed

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. With the new LRClassic update 10.0. When I change the WB from As Shot to Daylight in the Develop module with the Profile at Camera Standard (Nikon D500 and D850 user) whether I have made other changes to other sections of the basic panel or not and then copy and past to another photo or sync to other photos (same sequence and same camera WB settings) the WB label changes to Daylight in the photos copied to or synched but the sliders (and the setting) do not change. I then have to go to each individual photo copied to or synched to and change wb back to as shot and then to Daylight and then it works although then the preveviews in the thumbnails in the film strip below are erractically slow to resolve. This does not happen if I have just changed the Temp or Tint slider or both but only if I have clicked on the Daylight option. I have tried disabling all plug ins and no change, I have turned of the computer completely and turned it back on etc.. .  

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Khphotog,

I observe the same behavior. Please post this to a new thread, since it's a different set of symptoms and the developer most likely see your post buried here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. I'll do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When copying the White Balance 'Flash' and pasting it on another photo in the Develop module the label 'Flash' is pasted, but the values are not pasted.

Pasting custom White Balance values does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this behaviour. If you chose any of the WB preset and copy paste the white balance you will paste the preset name but not the value. Except for personal values

Sheepdog trying to help Lightroom and Photoshop beginners

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known and reported bug Adobe is aware of and will fix.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same behavior with LrC V10 on an iMac running on MacOS Catalina 10.5.7. Copy and paste / sync of white balance doesn't work properly. Seems to be that white balance can' be synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arjun_Haarith, are you aware the Presets BUG from version 11 is BACK?  This is beyond frustrating!  

I made this video several versions ago, and it was fixed and now it is BACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gOiOzjgr6s

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm the same issue happening on my my imac  with LRC10 on catalina. Is there a fix in sight yet.  Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue Ken (OSX 10.15.7, LR 10.0, .CR2 files). Is there a known fix for this yet? It is making editing painfully slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. Only fixes in Library mode obviously. Hopefully, Adobe gets onto this ASAP, it is a pretty huge problem for this software to not work on it's most basic editing, WB. I've been using Lightroom professionally for 13 years, and this is first time I've ever encounted this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Sync didn't alleviate this problem in Develop mode for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Only fixes in Library mode obviously."

To make sure we're on the same page: It does require you to switch to Library mode, but the changes you make with Quick Develop will still be visible when you go back to Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus note: this is not an acceptable solution. The accepted solution would be to not have this problem at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree that the bug should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I can narrow down the issues to any WB setting that is selected in the drop-down WB menu, from both Develop AND Library modes. WB needs to be manually selected in for Synchronising to apply. All other settings in Synchronisation apply/work when Synchronising, except for WB. Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arjun re: "We are aware of this and are working on fixing it. It'll be addressed in the future release." In future a release? How long will this be? For a wedding and portrait photographers, it almost renders the software useless, as it taking 5 times longer to edit a complete wedding.

Well, I've always wanted to try Capture One, looks like now is the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stewart Ross ... it is frustrating ...  the "work around" I am using is simple ... for example I click on the desired adobe wb preset and then just move it by 1 ie. for daylight change it to 5501 and then it sync's or copies as normal. Still would prefer to have it fixed sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that if you use Quick Panel to change WB to Daylight while in Library Loupe view, only the current photo gets changed. (That's a general property of Loupe view.) You either have to be in Grid view or use the Auto Sync toggle.

To narrow down the issue, here all the ways I successfully set multiple selected photos to WB: Daylight (tested with multiple D850 raws set to Camera Standard, LR 10.0, Mac OS 10.15.7):

Develop, Auto Sync:
1. Go to Develop.
2. Turn on Auto Sync by clicking the toggle to the left of the Sync bottom in the lower-right corner.
3. Change WB to Daylight.
4. Turn off Auto Sync.

Develop, right-click copy/paste:
1. Go to Develop.
2. Change WB to Daylight.
3. Right-click the filmstrip thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Copy Settings; check White Balance.
4. Right-click the thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Paste Settings.

Library Grid view, Quick Develop:
1. Go to Library grid view (type "g"; not Loupe view)
2. In the Quick Develop panel, change White Balance to Daylight.

Library Loupe view, Quick Develop
1. Go to Library Loupe view (type "e")
2. Turn on Auto Sync by clicking the toggle to the left of the Sync button in the lower-right corner.
3. In the Quick Develop panel, change White Balance to Daylight.
4. Turn off Auto Sync.

Library Loupe and Grid view, with the first photo's WB already set to Daylight, right-click copy/paste:
1. Go to Library Loupe or Grid view.
2. Right-click the first photo's filmstrip thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Copy Settings; check White Balance.
3. Right-click the thumbnail and do Develop Settings > Paste Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ken Miracle Yep, I use the same work around. It slows my efficiency when editing hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain ... I am retired but I still know time = money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am glad I came here.  I thought I was going crazy for the last month.  This is happening to me as well.  VERY frustrating and is slowing my work flow.  I'm on Mac OS version 10.15.7 (19H15) and LR 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the fuzziness of the Library module when zoomed in, I have found another 'quirk' of Lightroom Classic v10.  It goes like this: create virtual copy of RAW file, make adjustments on the virtual copy that are different from the original's settings, including white balance, then copy all settings, go back to original RAW file and paste settings.  

When I tried this (since I often try and compare different settings on the same photo) according to the tools tab, the white balance had copied across, but visually it was obvious that it had not, regardless of whether I view it in Library or Develop.  I tried this in both directions - original to virtual copy and vice versa.  Exactly the same result, and it didn't make any difference whether I reset the photo that I was pasting to or just pasted over the settings that it already had.  Again, the results were the same in both directions (virtual to original or original to virtual).  I have never had this problem before LRC V10.  

The histogram sometimes looked different between copied and pasted versions as well, despite the fact they were the same RAW photo now supposedly with the same develop settings, so there may have been other things that claimed to have copied across when they had not.  As with the blurriness in the Library module that I have mentioned in a separate post, reverting back to v9.4 has cured this lunacy.  So, I now have a few photos to reprocess, but better that than carry on with the mess that v10 seems to be.  

I can see online that people are having various other problems with v10. This is just an unacceptable mess that Adobe really need to sort out quickly.  I am currently regretting not giving my trial version of Capture One a more thorough test run before deleting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/paste WB is a known bug and fixed for next release.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate