• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: slideshow - images rendered as swapped blocks

Explorer ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.0 slideshow (Windows 7)- when exporting slideshow as 1080p high quality video - some of tiff images rendered as swapped blocks - i.e. bottom left 1/4 corner of the picture shown at the top left and vice versa.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015
This has been fixed in Lightroom 6.2, which is available today. (Actually, it turns out this was already fixed in Lightroom 6.1.1. Yeesh. I apologize for not updating this thread earlier.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a common video card driver issue.
Make sure you updated your video card driver from the GPU maker's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after upgrading from 5.6 to 6.0 - my graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7450 has the latest drivers. Never had a problem on 5.6, I've also unticked the option in Lightroom to use the graphics card for performance.

Unfortunately I cannot downgrade the lightroom catalog back to 5.6 - does anybody have ideas to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Radeon R9-200 and latest drivers (14.500...) installed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like some crop-rotation is related to this bug - changing rotation - seems to fix it, or exporting picture and than importing an edited version back to slideshow seems to help, as a temporary workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried rotating them but it didn't fix it for me, deleting and re-importing them fixed it for one of the images but the problem just occurred for another one. Happens on about 3 images out of 40. Since 2/3 of them are virtual copies with adjustments it is really cumbersome to delete and re-import and redo virtual copies, redo slideshow order etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Chris, do you have any other suggestion, that would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the same machine I had the problem, I disabled my GPU card and switched to the chipset's Intel HD 4000 instead, just with lower resolution (as I need the card for high res dual monitors), and the slideshow worked fine. So it seems it is the combination of v6 and the graphics card. The slideshow also took about 3x as long to produce as LR 5.x. All of this combined resulted in me switching back to 5.x rather than spending $300 for a new card white-listed by Adobe, when the card that I have has more than enough horsepower for simple image editing tasks.

I also tried the latest beta graphics drivers from AMD so the fix isn't even in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible that any of you upload some test image files so that I could figure out that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Please, see link below - contains 3 files and slideshow generated from them.
Let me know if anything else is needed

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cfiagksklc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I have downloaded those tiff files. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues I already posted a thread on this when I discovered day 1 of the new LR CC being launched. Glad to know it's not my Set up and others are experiencing the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure if relevant but I am running two monitors from my AMD HD6670 card. I did try exporting slideshow with 2nd monitor turned off but got same swapped block issue and again 3 times at least slower to export the slideshow in 1080 - I noticed that 1080 is now called 16:9 in brackets - is this significant?

Haven't tried to unplug the the 2nd. Monitor from card yet but may try at some point. For now I am exporting the slideshow as a catalogue and opening it in LR5 so I can export it as a 1080 slideshow in the older version that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, same optical result of corrupted slides in a slideshow. I also do have a Radeon graphics card (5700). This one I downgraded the driver to make use of the GPU (which otherwise was not identified by Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue and am using the Radeon 5700 and a dual screen setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into the same issue today after upgrading to LR6. Deleting the images and re-importing them seems to fix it sometimes but not others. It only seems to get fixed when the "play" option recreates the slide/file portion that is affected, but on a couple of occasions it corrupted another image too. Very frustrating. Finally had to delete one troublesome image that I couldn't get rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is shown much more often when I create a 1080p slideshow compared with the same slideshow rendered as 720p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on your progress?

I'm desperate for a solution and will be forced to use Animoto for my slideshows if there is no fix soon! :o(

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on radeon hd 7900 and dual screen conf..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already 3 projects behind in publishing slideshows which my customers are used (LR 5) to see on a very short notice. Please fix the swapped block issue ASAP or let us know a reliable work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, Would you please share those raw images one more time, I want to download it again and open a new bug for this problem. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am now working on this problem. Would you please sending some test images so that I can reproduce it first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please, use same link above - I've re-shared it again.
Alex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, update on the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate