• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slow performance on Xeon CPUs

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that LR clone and brush tool on my XEON E5-1650 0 3.20GHz (Attention: E5-1650 0 and not E5-1650 v4) can not stress my CPU and after x minutes of working LR slow down, until I have to restart it.

Please see the full diskussion with the problem here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2210245 (test with different Lightroom versions, confrontation with a weak laptop, that works fine, tests wit other graphic grafic card, test with other bios settings etc. No results. Only restart LR or minor display resolution helps.)

Can anyone with an XEON E5-1650 0 3.2Ghz confirm this?

Bug Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Set status

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
If you are an existing Lr Classic CC customer, and would like to test out a developer preview build that we think fixes this performance issue. Please send me a note and I'll make sure that you are invited to the prerelease program. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016
Can you folks pin-point for certainty the specific version of Lightroom that starts exhibiting the same performance issue under the same machine setup? That would be helpful us to figure what happened. 

Here is a link where you can rollback to the earlier Lightroom versions https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016
@Dietmar You've provided additional detailed info in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2210245. That is very helpful. Are the summary of your previous findings (copied as-is) still applies with the Lr 2015.7 and Camera Raw 9.7 release?

Summary
  1. LR/Camera Raw has definitive a performance problem with some - especially my high-quality – PCs!
  2. I can reproduce the problem and I can demonstrate that the problem on other - especially my weak – PCs not persist or is not so strongly.
  3. With GPU on the problem inc

Votes

Translate

Translate
@Dietmar reported that the issue is found to be in 2015.5, 2015.5.1, 2015.6, 2015.6.1 as well. It would be helpful to post the Lightroom's Help>System Info...

Votes

Translate

Translate
What does Lightroom's Help>System Info... say? It should report the processor count and the maximum number of thread count used by the image processing pipeline?

Some made the observation that Lr was performant right after a launch and then gets slower after intense brushing. Is it on a single photo or do you typically have to walk several photos to reproduce it? Do you remember which version of Lr this started to happen? Do you have Lr mobile sync turned on? What happens if you pause the sync an...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 234 Replies 234
234 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error when I login to it - I think it is probably because the pre-release invitation went to a different e-mail than my registered one I use for Creative Cloud.

rrr007@earthlink.net is the correct e-mail... sorry for any confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as Reed Radcliffe but didn't want to post my main email address here because of spam issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in trying the developer preview please! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send me direct message with your email address, Lance, direct message to me with your email address as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon, I don't seem to have the right permissions to be able to send you a direct message on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop me a note: sichen AT adobe DOT com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observe the same (slowdown of LRwith more editing) problem on i7/4 core MacBook. All adjustments are basic (no healing brushes or selective adjustments).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observe the same (slowdown of LRwith more editing) problem on i7/4 core MacBook. All adjustments are basic (no healing brushes or selective adjustments).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes