Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Win/Mac) Lightroom Classic 12.0 Unable to export: Watermarking Failed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aneta26658422d9k2_0-1666099983886.png

Hello, I have a problem with export my pictures after update Adobe Lightroom classic catalog. I´m not using watermark. So, I can´t understand this failer error. Can anybody help me please? 

{Title updated by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Hi, I just exported a bunch of jpgs and PSDs no problem.

SO have you tried the solutions that have worked for others? I am retyping them here:

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Go to Preferences > Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Thanks for sharing the inputs.

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Thanks to @johnrellis - Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer in

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Lightroom 12.0.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diacritical marks are the accents, cedilles, umlauts, etc. on characters that wouldn't be on English-language characters. I see Zaneta has one in the folder name, David is using an Italian version of LrC and you're Italian but using an English language version. That seems like more than a coincidence. And you're all using Windows. 

Sameer, the error message occurs when NO watermarking preset is selected on the Export page. The error message has an error, and there isn't a problem with a watermark preset. Giovanni got past the error by using a blank text watermark, but that's a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Sameer instructions and deleted all my old watermarks: now export works. Hope this will help someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my watermarks also and it worked for me. I'm on a MacPro running LRClassic 12.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John man, you have just saved my surf trip! I reseted LR's prefes and the issue was solved, thanks a lot! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that fixed it.  It's unfortunate that so many users have to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another person got the error, "Unable to export: Watermarking failed", even though they weren't exporting with a watermark:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/unable-to-export-watermarking-failed/m-...

They solved the problem by resetting LR's preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this thread about the same unexpected error message:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-mac-lightroom-classic-v12-unable-to-expo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed LRC 12.0 and now I can't export images. The message I get it "Unable to Export: Watermarking failed." I can export from the new Photoshop. Any ideas?

Lightroom Classic version: 12.0 [ 202210031128-9cb7185d ]

License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19043
Application architecture: x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JRPhotography_0-1666135275947.png

This is the error I receive any time I try to export a file that was working prior to updating my Lightroom Classic. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have attempted to export images from Lightroom Classic, as I always do, and this message has come up. I have restarted, shut down etc. I have never seen this come up before, any clues and or fixes?

Thanks in Advance.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 10.30.40 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS: Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎7/‎26/‎2020
OS build 19043.2130
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Just updated my app today with the 'major' update, October 18, 2022. Now I can no longer export images. I keep getting an error message: "unable to export, watermarking failed" I am not trying to watermark; the box is not checked off.

Thank you for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - read through the previous posts...

and try John Rellis' suggestion:

"4. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/
LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help."   

resetting the preferences - especially after an update often fixes things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that and it did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work by first exporting an image WITH a watermark OK, then I was able to export images WITHOUT a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I deleted all my export presets and recreated them. Problem is fixed, export as usual now. Thanks for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from the UK.

I've updated to v12 today and when trying to export an image I get an "Unable to export" Watermarking failed message.

Not sure why since I didn't require a watermark to be added!

Macbook pro 2015 Monterey 12.6

Fuji RAF

export settings below..

Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 12.53.02.pngScreenshot 2022-10-19 at 12.53.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering teams are aware of this. Please upvote from the top of the thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

Just updated my lightroom and now I have problems with exporting 

Lightroom Classic version: 12.0 

working on a macbook 

I get an error message:

Unable to export 

watermarking failed

even when I don't have any watermarkings crossed. 

yesterday before my update this pre settings just worked fine. I tried it with different export settings but I get the same error message. 

Anyone else have the same problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root cause: 
If watermark image is not available on disk, then graphical watermark associated with it is invalid. This can only happen when watermark is moved/renamed/deleted on disk after graphical watermark is created in Lightroom. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue but literally deleted all my watermarks and it now works ok. I use a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a Watermark selected in the export dialog box, but I keep getting this error msg and can't export. Can anyone share a fix? This was not happening before I updated a day ago.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.58.34 AM.png

I just updated, to Lightroom 12.0, October 18, 2022. I am using Mac OS Monterey 12.6. I use a 2020 iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SunnyKaura, the post marked "correct answer" above lists two possible workarounds, deleting your existing watermarks and resetting LR's preferences:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-win-mac-lightroom-classic-12-0-unable-to-exp...

Others have posted here that these have worked for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perchè cancellare le filigrane, alcuni ne hanno tante, basta crearne una testuale vuota e il problema si risolve. Poi aspettiamo che intervenga Adobe con una patch risolutiva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brak możliwości eksportu bez znaku wodnego, po aktualizacji do v12

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the post marked "Correct answer" and other posts here for workarounds others have used.

Votes

Translate

Translate