• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: with LR/Mogrify vs LR/Export to Flickr

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Jeffrey Friedl's “Export to Flickr” Plugin user since many years.
Yesterday morning Lightroom Classic passed to V13
I used LR/Mogrify 2 and LR/Export to Flickr for many years now.
With previous version of Lightroom Classic I used Mogifiy without problem with Export to flickr
This is an example uploaded Oct 7th 2023 https://flic.kr/p/2p7NDVm
This morning, after updating to LR V13 and Register Export to flickr the export of new pictures gave only the picture without its frame producef by Mogrify
This is an example of the frame free picture uploaded this morning : https://flic.kr/p/2p8vNW9
I also tested exporting with LR/Mogrify 2 alone in a picture file, it worked just normally
LR/Export to Flickr alone also worked normally but not the mix of two!
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Matching to existing bug logged for investigation. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Hitting 'Publish' for a Collection giving an internal error message sporadically 

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 13.0
  • OS Version Number: Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click publish of a collection in the publish services
  2. At random the error message of an internal error pops up
  3.  Error message say '?:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'fileSize' (a nil value)

Expected result:

Images publish with no problems

Actual result:

The error message will pop up randomly, if you publish say 40 images, maybe 20 will publish and 20 won't then you'll get the error message. If you hit publish again some more will upload and some will be left and you can repeat until all make it through without the error message. This publish service worked perfectly before this new LR version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to replicate this using these reproduction steps. I just tried four different collections with  >40 images each and did not see the message even once.

Perhaps a preference file reset? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What particular service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response Rikk, this shows the process as is. I will try a preference file reset and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you are going to need to contact the authors of these plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it.

Jeffrey Friedl , noticed the same thing and also decided to contact Adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error when I try to post to Pixieset from Lightroom with any more than 30 or so images

An internal error has occurred: src/pixieset.lrdevplugin/PixiesetAPI.lua:782: attempt to compare number with nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Pixieset. The plug-in might need an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. THey are having me to different things and it's still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

is there anyone else here who uses Lr/Mogrify?

I'm using Lr/Mogrify to add some frames around the image during export.

If I do this in a normal export job, it works. If I use this in a publishing service (here primarily Envira Gallery), then Lr/Mogrify is no longer executed.

In LrC 12.x it worked without problems.

Can anyone here verify this?

I am already on LrC 13.0.1.

Macbook Pro M1pro, macOS Ventura 13.6, LrMogrify 5.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it doesn't seem to be a service-specific problem. It doesn't work with the disk publishing service either, not only with Envira Gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version (13.0.1) does not correct the problem. 

For now,  I export with LR/Mogrify 2 and after I export the result with LR/Export to Flickr, two operation instead of only one!

I hope that the support team will find the problem!

Best regards

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, this is not limited to Mogrify; other plugins that are in the "export chain" for Publish Collections do not work anymore either (in my case, JPEGmini) in LrC v13. I contacted JPEGmini support about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For almost two decades, I have used several of Jeffrey Friedl's Lightroom plugins with various versions of LR. After the upgrade to LR 13, they still needed to work I am especially dependent on the Metadata Wrangler and JPEGmini. After the upgrade, the Metadata Wrangler plug-in no longer changes any fields. Fortunately, I have backups of my LR12 catalogue and don't erase my SD cards until the next time I use the camera. I re-installed LR12.5 and re-imported my last set of images. The Lightroom plugins are working again under LR12.5.

I also see that Negative Lab Pro is also affected.

What did Adobe do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that we now have three different plugin vendors that are affected, is it possible to get the eyes of a developer on this, @Rikk Flohr: Photography ? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS 14 Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are many plugins that worked well in previous versions having issues with V13? Isn't it possible that something was forgotten by the V13 development team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another thread about LR/Mogrify not working in LR 13:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lr-mogrify-add-borders-etc-not-working-with-lrc-13....

Unfortunately, the author of the plugin has been reported as unresponsive to support requests over the past many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be related. But I found out that my copy of the Smugmug plug-in, for publishing, failed in v13.0.1. (previous use was in v12.5) I tried to click on the service, but (a) it was no longer setup, and (b) got an error when I attempted to fix that.Unfortunately I did not document the error.

When I brought up the Plug-in Manager, Smugmug was not listed. Checked the Modules folder, and the Plug-in was listed (two versions), but as stated, not working. I deleted both.

Via the Plug-in Manager, I tried to install the plug-in, supposedly success, but nope, not in the Plug-in Manager., and not working. I forget if it was in the modules folder.

Via the Plug-in Managers Add process screen (add plug-in) , selected to uninstall the plugin. 

After making sure no copy of the Plug-in existed in the modules folder, I downloaded the Plug-in from Smugmug (instead of using the Adobe route). And it now works.

Point being to remove the plug-in, make sure no visage of the plug-in exists, download s fresh copy, and place it in the modules folder.

This is the only Publish Service Plug-in installed on my rig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rikk Flohr: Photography,

So I reset my lightroom preferences file and had the exact same issue. I've also noticed that for both publish services and regular exports that the progress bar seems to jump around between it's progress point, the end and back and forth multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a behavior I've never seen before and I don't have a good solution offhand other than to try basic troubleshooting. 

You've already reset preferences. Next steps would be a clean reinstall, or contacting support to see if they can repair your catalog file. 

@GoldingD 's question below is a good question to answer as well. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I had my SmugMug issue on my Desktop PC, but failed to take good notes, I went to my Laptop just awhile ago. Same problem, this time I took better notes with one foul up concerning versions).  Notes as follows:

______________________________________________________________________________________

SmugMug Plug-In Problem Evolution

Post LrC v13.0.1, I had a problem with the SmugMug Publish Service. First, I had it on my Desktop computer, I fixed that, but failed to take notes. Second the issue repeated itself on my laptop, this time I kept notes.

Symptoms as follows:

• In the Publish Services, the one for SmugMug had a question mark, and a statement to click to download.
  • In the Plug-In Manager, SmugMug was not listed

Attempted repairs:

• Back in the Publish Services, clicking on the link to download SmugMug failed, a webpage stating We Couldn't Find This Page.
  • Back in the Plug-In Manager, attempted to Add the Plug-in, navigated to the modules folder, selected the SmugMug Plug-In, (Ok, my notes on what version is fouled up, my bad) Plug-In did not appear in the Manager. Restarted LrC, no change.
  • Back in the Plug-In Manager, selected Adobe Addons. Searched for SmugMug. Noticed it was v3.1.3, Noticed that the Plug-in was Acquired. Clicked on Mange. That brought up the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA) so I aborted everything, closed everything, and launched ACCDA.
  • In ACCDA, went to the Plug-Ins, and tried to install it (on top) Then in the modules folder I noted two versions, the newer being v3.5.0.0, deleted the other.
  • Restart LrC, No Joy, same issue in Publish Services, same issue in Plug-In Manager.

Repair:

• Close LrC, bring up ACCDA, go into Plug-Ins, click on the three dots, uninstall the Plug-In
  • Bring up the modules folder. Still have a SmugMug Plug-In, deleted.
  • In the Plug-In Add On notes, at the bottom, A link to SmugMug Download existed, went to that URL, downloaded the Plug-In from the source. This is v3.5.4.0
  • Placed the Plug-In in the modules folder
  • Started LrC, Eureka

Odd note:

In File manager the Plug-In is listed as v3,5,4,0. In LrC Plug-In Manger it is listed as v3.1.3.0

Point to be made is that he Plug-In version currently installed, and the Plug-In version available from Adobe, may not be up to capability, and a newer Plug-In may be available from the actual Publish Service. This newer version may not be due to LrC v13.0.1, but may fix something that was lurking in the background that would fail. And the Plug-In Manager may not show that a new version is available from the Publisher. (could not test that bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Have you come across this? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate