• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: won't update my default settings

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new Adobe Color profile was introduced, I decided to adopt it as my default profile for my raw images. I had previously been using Adobe Standard. I have tried several times to change my default settings to include that profile as part of my default settings. However, every time I import new images the Adobe Standard profile is applied. I have reset my preferences in an attempt to correct the problem, but that didn't work either. I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 on Windows 10.

If I update my camera defaults and reset the images, Lightroom will apply the Adobe Color profile as it should as long as I'm using Lightroom following the import. However, if I close Lightroom and then use it the next time to import, it will apply the Adobe Standard profile to the raw images. This is an anomaly that I have replicated several times before I have bothered to report It.

Incidentally, I attempted updating the defaults by the alt-reset method as well as using the update default settings option in the menu. I used both methods multiple times in an attempt to make the default settings stick. Neither method seemed to work.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to working fine here with Fuji RAF files. I changed from the Fuji Classic Chrome profile to the Adobe Color profile, leaving all other settings as I had them for Fuji RAF files from my X-T2, used the menu Set Default Settings and selected Update to Current settings in the Develop menu of the Develop module. Then imported several images I just took. All of them now use the Adobe Color Profile.
Are you by chance using an Import Preset that could be assigning your originally select profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really curious. I just imported a set of images again. They came in as Adobe Standard, again. But I can click the Reset button immediately after import and they will switch to Adobe Color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then something is being applied during the import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this time I specifically made sure to specify to not apply anything. I'll have to look into this again tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from this morning. I was conducting this experiment with a small folder of DNG files. I was removing the folder and importing it again, and the files were coming in with the Adobe Standard profile. This morning I conducted the experiment with a small folder of NEF files, and the results were as expected. The files imported with the Adobe Color profile applied. I guess I just wasn't thinking. I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back, James!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update. I don't know what is going on with my computer. Regardless of whether I'm working with DNG files or NEF files, it seems that I cannot import and get the images to accept Adobe Color as the default profile. I can reset the image immediately following import and the profile will switch. I have confirmed that I'm not applying any preset during import. It's not a big bother, just a puzzle. More curious than anything. Lightroom 7.3.1, Windows 10 Home Premium, 8 GB RAM, old HP Pavilion, not worth much. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Your hardware has nothing to do with which profile gets applied.

Could you send a screenshot of your Import dialog with all the panels in expanded state?

Also, could you provide the following details as well?
  1. Is it possible you have a Develop Preset getting applied on Import or you are using any Import Preset?
  2. Do perform import from local or external drive or from a camera or memory card?
  3. Which Import operation do you use - Add, Copy, Move, or Copy as DNG?

Thanks,
Smit

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something strange is happening. No point in posting a screenshot. I imported a NEF file this morning, no presets, it imported and applied the Adobe Color preset. I have a preset for each of my lenses that applies sharpening adjustments and process version. Those are the only two boxes checked when I create the preset. If I choose to apply that preset when I import images, the Adobe Standard preset is applied but I can hit reset and it will immediately switch to Adobe Color. I'm not crazy! I know it sounds funny, but I have replicated it time and time again. I have re-created the preset time and time again. It's at the point that I don't care anymore. But since you asked, I'm replying. But I don't really expect a fix. It's just something crazy that is a little puzzling but doesn't really bother me anymore. I'll deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you mentioned, it looks like you presets are applying Adobe Standard profile. Resetting an image in Develop module would mean reverting to the default values and since Adobe Color is default profile since 7.3.

Could you share one of your presets with us to keniya@adobe.com? It will help us understand the situation you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset for my 18-105 mm lens sharpening has been sent via e-mail to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

We were able to reproduce this issue and we have logged a bug for the same. 

We will keep you posted once the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate