• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally lost all ratings for pictures

Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya!

I somehow accidentally selected all my pictures and gave them a 3 star rating... Argl. I lost all my previous work on rating pictures.

I can recover a backup, but then lose all work I've done since then. Is there any other way? Ctrl+Z isn't going back far enough to heal this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

I have some scripts written for someone else who did the same thing. Contact me via a forum message or via my web site (in my profile).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's no other way to recover from a backup.

How often do you make a backup? I'll backup my catalog every time Lightroom is closed. I cancel the backup only when I don't made any changes in Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some scripts written for someone else who did the same thing. Contact me via a forum message or via my web site (in my profile).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Beardsworth, I was reading on here that you have transcripts from someone else that "Accidentally lost all ratings for pictures" (8/8/17 was the date of post). I have accidentally lost all ratings on 1396 pictures. I had selected all stars and then went to edit tab and selected invert all and somehow I accidentally hit a star on one of the unstarred photos which then gave all photos I was getting ready to delete a star. Now I do not know how to reverse that mistake so I don't have to cull through all photos again. I tried clicking unedited photos because I do not edit the unstarred photos but it only showed one photo! Can you please help me?! Here is copy of question posted that matches my problem:

Accidentally lost all ratings for pictures

Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Heya!

I somehow accidentally selected all my pictures and gave them a 3 star rating... Argl. I lost all my previous work on rating pictures.

I can recover a backup, but then lose all work I've done since then. Is there any other way? Ctrl+Z isn't going back far enough to heal this.

Correct answer by john beardsworth

Community Expert , 
Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

LATEST

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines