• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add photo book templates in LrC possible?

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I use LrC extensively to make my own photobooks and I was wondering whether it is possible to add third-party design templates. The standard book module design is a bit "boring". Specially for family holidays, parties, etc. I would like to add more "fun" designs, such as those you may find on online book editors in Blurb, Shutterfly, etc. 

The book printing service I use does have nice designs, but I like to have my books not only in print but also in PDF, for archiving purposes.

Thano you in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't find anything "fun" in the LrC Book module 🙂

But are you aware of the many page templates that are already installed in LrC? (Scroll down the page previews! from the Down Arrow.)

Are you aware that you can create Book Presets for 'Auto Layout' that can use your selected page templates for a 'total' auto page layout?

Are you aware that you can design your own page templates by adding Cells and Text boxes to a page, and then 'Saving' the page as a "Custom" template? (Custom templates are specific for the Book Size, 8x10in, etc, in which they were created) And you can use you own designed Custom page templates in an Auto-Layout Preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rob. I know that you can select among different page layouts in book module, and change them at will. Actually, I do it. 

However, I would like for eg to make beach holiday photobook. It would be great to be able to import templates with beach related background, and so on. Something like Styles offered by Shutterfly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear you! I don't know that the Book Module (software developers) will ever imagine adding features or styles.

Best you can do is use an image as a page background. It can be your image (not the defaults provided in LrC) and page backgrounds can be different on each page (ie. not 'Global')

Or, make a library of 'Style' photos (use Photoshop to be 'creative') to place in Cells on your book pages.

A couple of pages put together now in a few minutes-

Rob_Cullen_0-1643672727289.png

Rob_Cullen_1-1643672949751.png

Rob_Cullen_2-1643673102489.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines