• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 10.2 update LC don´t recognize memory card slot.

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 10.2 update LC don´t recognize memory card slot, so I can´t import photos into the Lightroom Classic. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system? Does the operating system recognize the card? Can you use the operating system to transfer the images to the hard drive, and then import the images using the Add option? Is it possible that the update is simply assigning a different drive designation to the card slot? Please provide more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Hoe20H2, Operating system recognize the card and before LC 10.2. update worked fine. On Preferences dialog I aso have the option "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected " checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import -button int hte Library scene dont react at all. It´s the same if I try the Menu option File ->  Import Photos and Videos..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth resetting your preferences and then choosing that option again and see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes the preferences file gets corrupted and needs to get rebuilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No when I´m trying to close the LC it asks me to confirm "Close the import dialog and quit? But there is no Import Dialog to been seen or to close???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restart LC seems to work OK. But it has made this behavior now more than once and seems slighly unstable cause I´v haven´t found a locigal reason for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences for Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. I´ll try that later if the problem still exists.

After restart LC seems to work OK. But it has made this behavior now more than once and seems slighly unstable cause I´v haven´t found a locigal reason for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This work-around helped with older versions of LrC, so it might work here, too.

Personal preference -- turn off the "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected".

Turning it off might also help here.

1 - Launch the Import dialog before inserting the card into the card reader.

2 - Insert the card after the Import dialog comes up.

If the card reader is a USB card reader, try plugging it directly into the computer's USB slot if you normally use a USB hub. Also try a different USB slot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines