• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alert: If you updated to Sonoma 14.2 please install the 14.2.1 update

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is recommending Lightroom Classic customers not update to Sonoma 14.2.
Sonoma 14.2.1 has been released and contains fixes that address the issues introduced in 14.2. Please update directly to 14.2.1 or if you are already on 14.2, please update to 14.2.1 as soon as your system allows. 

Our Helpx document should be updated shortly.
 https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-classic-and-macos-sonoma.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that explains some things we've seen on the forums and other places yesterday with people unable to import from phones and cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What to do if you already upgraded? My LIghtroom workflow is completely off these past two weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What to do if you already upgraded? My LIghtroom workflow is completely off these past two weeks

By @jleephotography

MacOS Sonoma 14.2 was released yesterday, not two weeks ago. That means your problems have nothing to do with this particular update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try to help people with actual answers.

You can try using a Time Machine restore point to go back if you have one, but you will still lose any data or software updates created after that point.  Here's a helpful article on some options you can try:

https://www.macworld.com/article/673171/how-to-install-older-versions-of-macos-or-os-x.html

Hope that helps.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, Actually, not true for all of us.  The OS14.2 beta was released more than a couple of weeks ago.  I noticed the issue in Beta 5.  But, as I posted earlier, I am now running OS14.3 Beta 1, and the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, Actually, not true for all of us.  The OS14.2 beta was released more than a couple of weeks ago.  I noticed the issue in Beta 5.  But, as I posted earlier, I am now running OS14.3 Beta 1, and the issue has been resolved.

By @flowrideraz

Good for you, but we are not talking about betas of MacOS. We are only talking about the release version of MacOS 14.2.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem with 14.2 seems to be that the Import dialog box in Lightroom Classic cannot see cameras/cards you want to import (also affecting tethering, according to the Adobe article). There don’t seem to be any other new problems with Lightroom Classic in macOS 14.2 as far as Adobe has said.

So, if you have already upgraded to macOS 14.2, the answer is you are probably OK until you want to import some new photos directly from a camera or card using Lightroom Classic. And if you do, it looks like the workaround is to copy the photos to the Mac first, then import into Lightroom Classic. Because Lightroom Classic does not seem to have any problem importing photos that are already on Mac local storage in macOS 14.2. (I just did a little testing in 14.2 on my old non-production Mac.) I suppose the problem is harder to work around if you do tethered shooting with Lightroom Classic.

So if you have already upgraded to macOS 14.2, you probably do not need to go as far as trying to revert macOS to an earlier version, which is not always straightforward and can be time-consuming. Just continue on, as long as you’re willing to use the import workaround until whatever got broken gets fixed.

And, if you’ve been having problems with Lightroom Classic for a longer time than the one day macOS 14.2 has been out so far, your problems are related to something else and not macOS 14.2, so you’ll want to try to resolve those problems in a different thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem with 14.2 seems to be that the Import dialog box in Lightroom Classic cannot see cameras/cards you want to import (also affecting tethering, according to the Adobe article). 

By @Conrad C

I don't think that is true. This is how I understand it: If you insert a memory card, then that card is shown twice in the Source panel of the Import dialog. Once at the top (the old fashioned way), and once at the bottom. Selecting the card at the bottom is default these days, because that involves a faster protocol. That protocol is affected by this bug, however. So if I understand it correctly, then you will still see the card in the Import dialog and you can still successfully import images from it by selecting the card at the top of the panel. That is the second workaround in Rikk's link and that is trivial to do. The only problem where there is no workaround is tethering.

@jleephotography @flowrideraz This is a new bug in Sonoma 14.2. It does not exist in 14.1. If it did exist in 14.1 already, then Adobe would not have issued a statement about not updating to 14.2, don't you think? Whatever your problem with 14.1 and Bridge was, it wasn't this bug (but there may be another bug).

UPDATE: Sorry, it's the other way around. The card shows in the File section, which has been the default for the last few years. Importing works fine, so there is no real issue at all. It just does not show in the Device section, and that also means that Lightroom will not show the import dialog automatically when you insert the card. You'll have to use the 'Import photos and videos' menu.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right.  I tried to go back and edit my post, but editing was not available,  I did NOT have the issue in OS14.1, I was mistaken.  The problem did not show up until Beta 5 of OS14.2.  Sorry for the confusion and my inaccurate post.  However, as I did post, the problem has been fixed in OS14.3 Beta 1.  So should OK in the final release of OS14.3.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta software is for testing and is not intended or supported for production use. There are also NDA provisions about discussing it in public forums. You should, however, make bug reports to Apple about any issues you run into so they can be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are correct.   I did not convey any secrets or new features of the beta.  I only posted that the problem had been fixed and should be included on the next point release of Sonoma.  l thought this info might be helpful to the posters here.  Appraintly some folks agree, sorry you did not.. 

images.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is true. This is how I understand it: If you insert a memory card, then that card is shown twice in the Source panel of the Import dialog

By @JohanElzenga

Yes, I think you are correct and that my original understanding was incomplete.

And it is very important for everyone to understand that basically all of Lightroom Classic works in macOS 14.2 because the problem is really only with direct import from devices, which as you said can be worked around so then that works, leaving tethered shooting as the one thing that really won’t work until the problem is fixed.

Good to hear from flowrideraz that it appears to be fixed in beta 1 of 14.3!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some devices and cameras that only show up as a device such as iPhones and those won't work this way either because of that reason. I started seeing lots of people suddenly unable to import from their iPhone online when the mac os update came out. Solution there is just to go through the Lightroom mobile app and sync through the cloud or to use te image capture thing. For card readers, CF express, XQD etc, those are much faster through the file system route than through the device route so nothing lost there. That said I have not updated my Mac yet so haven't tested this all myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. The only small glitch when you use a card reader is that the option to automatically show the import dialog when a memory card is detected apparently works via the Device section, so the import dialog does not come up automatically. You have to manually open it using the menu or the button.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! yeah the dialog hasn't come up automatically for me for years now using XQD and CF Express exclusively (they use direct interfaces so present to the operating system as external removable hard drives) so I would never have noticed. Haven't used sd card readers for a long time now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed this issue in OS 14.1 and 14.2 when uising Adobe Bridge.  I was not able to download photos from my Canon EOS R.  I was able to download fine in Apple's  Photos app.  I downloaded and installed OS 14.3 Beta today and can post that the issue has been fixed.👍🏻

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue related only to SD cards or it affects Cfexpress cards as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 13.1

MacOS 14.2

Step:

Connect cameras directly into mac, Mac recognizes cameras on system reports->USB.

and open Import at lighroom

Expect:

Appear camera on import dialog and enumulate images.

Real Act:

Caemara does not appear on import dialog.

Cameras are Nikon Z8 and J5

Mac standard 'Photos' is no Plobrem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems importing videos from my iPhone. Tech support suggested updating to the new Mac OS. Now Lightroom is not recognizing my Iphone. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support person you talked with is apparently unaware of Adobe's recommendation not to update to Mac OS 14.2:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/alert-it-isn-t-recommended-to-upgrade-t...

Mac OS 14.2 breaks LR's ability to talk to devices connected with a USB cable.  See the help article inside that post for workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to macOS 14.2 (M1 Max Mac Studio), Lightroom Classic does not detect or see a connected iPhone.

The iPhone is seen by macOS.  It appears in the Finder, and Apple Photos is able to import.  Photoshop is also able to detect and use the conntected iPhone.

Lightroom Classic does not see the connected iPhone at all during an import.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m seeing this issue as well. LR Classic version 13.0.1 and macOS 14.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Announcement from Adobe:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/alert-it-isn-t-recommended-to-upgrade-t...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC mit preferences : show import dialog...  AN

findet keinen iPhone.

in Image Capture funktioniert es, erkennt mein iPhone.

Wie kann ich importieren?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines