• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Barrel Distortion After Perspective Correction

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering why the image looks concave after correcting for verticals in LR Classic. I'll attach a before and after perspective correction. Both images have the correct camera and lens corrections applied. Look at the top of the building for the concave effect. The horizontal line ofthe top of the building should be straight but it's not.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

It's more difficult to see, but the before image has concave horizontals too. You can see it clearly on the right side. So this is probably not a perspective correction issue, but a lens profile that is less than perfect.

1 2022-10-28 21-11-50.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this curvature on some of my images also, but don't know how to fix it.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I tried manually correcting it in the same panel but it didn't
have the same curve so the image just looked worse. Tried both
directions (positive and negative). I've been shooting architecture for
almost 7 years and have never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the root cause of this problem your issues with selecting the correct lens profile, described in your other post?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/wrong-camera-for-lens-profile-correctio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly...here's the options I have selected (see screenshots). I am shooting with the lens selected 17-40 f/4 L and neither bodys offered are my camera (Canon EOS R6). Shooting with the EF/RF adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more difficult to see, but the before image has concave horizontals too. You can see it clearly on the right side. So this is probably not a perspective correction issue, but a lens profile that is less than perfect.

1 2022-10-28 21-11-50.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point! I guess it gets exaggerated when corrected for perspective. I'll look into the lens profile issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines