• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch HDR now possible?

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as Lightroom Classic came out I immediately looked for a batch HDR feature but only found this in the feature summary on the adobe website:

"Better handling of multiple batches of merge operations (HDR/ Pano) improving GUI response". What exactly does that mean?

Do we still have to manually start the HDR process on each bracketed set? How many batches were able to successfully merge at once?

I usually can't get past 4 or 5 sets at the same time. Did that at least improve? Anyone here who created HDRs in the new Ligthroom Classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-Control-H will run the HDR process with no dialog box using the last settings used. You still need to select the sets manually and start each one individually though. The batch just means you can run more of them at a time. It still bogs down eventually, just not as quickly as LR6.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Sean.

I know that Shift-Control-H does that, which is why I mentioned that I usually can't do more than 4 or 5 sets at the same time.

My hope was that now you're really able to batch-process entire folders at once...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Shift-Control-H does that, which is why I mentioned that I usually can't do more than 4 or 5 sets at the same time.

My hope was that now you're really able to batch-process entire folders at once...

LR 7 almost lets you start a batch merge on an entire folder but fails due to a bug.  Please add your me-too vote and detailed opinion to this bug report: Lightroom: "Internal error" when initiating multiple headless merges | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

time to update your imac then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike the previous version of LR, it not bogs down on *one* HDR.......I can't even start multiples as the first never finishes (even after waiting 20 min).  I used to be able to do 5 or 6 in about 3 minutes.  Dunno...I'm a little worried here as I depend on HDR    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided to write a script to automate the process of merging thousands of LDR sets into HDR dng, have a look :

Select all LDR photos and run the script. It is still a work in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blackcatimaging​

I would be very interested in your script. Have you posted it anywhere yet? I prefer the HDR image lightroom produces for its flexibility and quality over options like Enfuse or Photomatix. I shoot real estate and this would make a such a difference to my work flow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For OSX users with Automator

Launce application - adobe lightroom

pause 1 second

watch me do

bring window adobe lightroom to the front

Press Shift, Control, H

Pause 15 seconds

run apple script

tell application "System Events"

key code 124

key code 124

end tell

loop automatically

stop after __ times

I have minimal knowledge in creating steps in Automator so this is a still a work in progress.  I am seeking the collaboration of others with any tips or suggestions to make this better.

I open Lightroom

Auto stack by capture time (this groups the three images together)

collapse all stacks

might be worth moving solo images (non-stacks) to the start or end temporarily to avoid skips

Then deselect everything (command D)

click on the first stack

open Automator with my script

the bottom action loop - changes the value to the number of stacks you have per session.

press Run

it should

auto switch to Lightroom

press control, shift, and h to start the HDR merge

the script will pause for 15 seconds to allow processing for the merge (if your computer processes slower or faster you can adjust the pause time.) Mine takes about 11 seconds on average so I added a few extra seconds of pad.

The new merged image will show up next to the stacked images.

Then the script will press the right arrow twice skipping the new hdr image and selecting the next stack

Loop will then kick in and run the script X amount of times. Whatever value I manually put it.

Then in the library filter, I clicked on text, selected filename, contains, type in hdr and all the new images are in one spot. To meta tag and export as needed.

It would be ideal to have a pop up asking for a value that then fills into the loop time number filed.  Then this script perhaps could be exported as an application.

I found my apple script key code or keystrokes would not work with shift, control, and H in Lightroom so I had to record a watch me do action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested in this script to. Have you ever finished it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this tool to batch my photos to HDR TIFF files, for many years. It's the best tool for me that I found after spending countless days on Google search. You can drag & drop entire folders, select the bracket count and it automatically selects sets.

Both Windows & MAC versions called EnfuseGUI, EnfuseGUI

Hope Adobe wakes up and gets that function added. HDR has only been around for over a decade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id did not want to wait longer and wrote a script with AutoIT myself: HDR batch processing for Lightroom Classic CC - YouTube

Hope it can reduce your time sitting in front of your PC clicking CTRL + h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just found this great youtube about auto stacking your bracketed images and then doing shift+ctrl+H to initiate a qued set of merges. I just did 77  bracketed sets of photos in about 20min. Such a huge time saver! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGCAdxphzQ

HDR used to be painful in LIGHTROOM If yoou'd shot 300 shots of a house, you'd need to merge them down to 100 photos - that'd have you anchored to the computer manually selecting and merging photos for AGES This has all changed with the latest release of CC You can now stack and merge photos, on ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked absolutelp perfectly combined with autostacking!!!  Thanks Joshua!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was surely helpful. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video you provided was super helpful. Thank you, I super duper appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for sharing this. Great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines