• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best option for lightroom on remote laptop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am trying to figure out the best option for lightroom upgrading from the lighrtoom 6 perpetual,  which does not handle the new raw codecs.  I am nomadic in Africa and have very unreliable access to internet.  I must keep my large photo libarary on external HD's .  It looks like the only way to do this is the Lightroom classic at $240 per year? is that true. it's really untenable to do that but want to undestand if thats really the only option before living with lightrrom 6 until my nomadic days end some time in the far future or go with some other non adobe product

thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic with 20GB cloud storage is $120 US Dollars per year. It's part of the Adobe Photography Plan.

You would have to have a way to download the software. After that, you need internet only every 30 days or so if you pay monthly (every 99 days if you pay annually) so that the software can verify your license. You don't need the Internet other than for those two things. (ADDITION: when there are updates to the software available, you would need the internet to receive the updates)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, I checked and see what you are referring too!, Thanks so muich, this will work.

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines