• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Can't Set Profile Immediately After Switching to Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been around for several iterations of MacOS Lightroom Classic and I've never reported it because I've always thought "surely, the developers have noticed this minor issue and will fix it in the next release." Nope.

So give it a try. Pull up a photo in the Library. Then switch to the Develop module. Before you do anything, click the profile dropdown and select a different profile. It won't change it. Now do it again. This time it will change. (see attached screen recording)

Another work around is to change any other Develop setting after you switch to the Develop module before you try to change the Profile. Then it will change.

Bottom line: You can't make a profile change the first thing you do after switching to the Develop module.

Can any of you replicate this? It drives me nuts because it's at the top and one of the first things I try to change in Develop.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it with a new catalog and a few images and the issue persists.

If I get the time and bandwidth (I live in rural West Africa), I'll try the complete reinstall. That can take hours for me here.

Thanks for helping out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to make a profile a "favorite"

By default, the Camera Matching Profiles are not Favorites, and they are not readily available with one click as yours are. By default I need to browse, to get to them.

As to adding as a favorite, when browsing them, muse hover over the profile tile, and Add to Favorite will appear

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.17.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha, since I set them up to be in the dropdown, I never even click the Browse icon for Profiles. I just did and see that they are already favorites. Still faster to use the dropdown than the browse feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: profile on import - because I shoot multiple camera brands, I don't set profile on Import since some of the profiles only work on certain cameras' images.

Actually, consider a different approach, in preferences edit the settings for importing RAW images, change to camera specific, select a user create preset pointing to the Camera matching profile (folks, how is that part accomplished?)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great tip! I just configured that for my Fuji, Canon and iPhone. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has bugged me for years. Never bothered me enough to complain about it but I know exactly what you mean. This happens on every single Lightroom Classic installation I have seen (I teach classes and I often try this on students' computers (both macs and pcs) and invariably this happens). You switch into develop and if you try to change the profile too quickly (i.e. the first thing you do), the change won't stick. If you wait a few seconds (I am not very patient) until the image has loaded, the chnage will stick. This happens on fresh installs on completely new computers, on empty catalog that you just imported into and after resetting preferences. You really only see this if you immediately almost while switching hit the popup so I just take it as a sign that I need to slow down (Lightroom Classic often tells me this 😉 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting observation Jao, I am not able to replicate on my system, maybe I just not quick enough with my mouse clicks and moves. Been using Lightroom from it's inception and have experienced brief pauses from time to time.

I think the clip from an article by “ the Lightroom Queen” may be at play here.

Quote, “  Lightroom also uses a selection of temporary caches to improve performance, especially in the Develop module. The most useful of these caches is the full resolution pre-load, which happens automatically behind the scenes. When you’re working in the Develop module, it preloads some photos either side of your current photo. This means that when you move on, it loads much quicker. This happens automatically, so you don’t need to do anything to benefit.“ end Q.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me at least since Lightroom started supporting profiles. But amazingly I just tried it again and it didn't happen! Release version of LR 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SO GLAD TO FINALLY HEAR IT ISN'T JUST ME! I'm not stark-raving mad after all! 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate the issue and don't recall seeing it in the past. I have the profile set using the new Raw Defaults feature in Preferences> Presets with a separate develop preset for each camera model. Previously I had that implemented uisng the Default Settings update for each camera model. You may find that helpful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines