• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug? Main image display becomes blank/frozen after deleting an image in library

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after the most recent update to my Lightroom CC, I have been encountering this super weird problem:

If I delete current image displayed in the main image display area, the area would become gray or stays frozen on the deleted image and no further action would change that. Even if you select a new image the main screen remains grayed out/frozen. I can see the "magnifying glass" icon when the mouse cursor is moved into the display area, but clicking the icon does nothing.

The only way now to fix this problem is close LR and reopen it... It's super annoying.

Restarting machine didn't solve this.

Changing GPU settings from hardware to software didn't solve this.

Changing SmartPreview settings didn't solve this

My graphics display driver was recently updated but this is before Lightroom CC update.

Restarting the app and deleting a photo will produce the exact same problem which requires another restart... Basically now if I delete an image the main image viewing area goes gray or stays frozen on the deleted image.

Here is a video demonstrating the problem:

My hardware setup:

Intel i7-6850K

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Graphic Card

32GB DDR4 ram

Windows 10 64bit

Anyone have a solution? Thank you. Mark Mapes​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Hi there Li.F​,

This issue has been acknowledged. Please find more info here: Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Customer Community

The current workaround is to go back to the Library Module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the G key. Others have reported that reinstalling the app also solves the issue. Please try that and let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same thing happen when you are in the Library module?

The second dialog window that comes up is a warning that the file won't be placed in the Recycle Bin because the volume the image is on doesn't support it. Are those images on an External drive and how is that drive formatted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not happen in Library module, I can browse through images normally, this only happens in Develop Module.

Yes those images are on my NAS, but I've always had the warning dialog since way before the update as the files are on a external device. But the gray/freezing problem is after newest update w/reference view, that Develop module display has been messed up.

I tired to turn off hardware acceleration but it doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Li.F​,

This issue has been acknowledged. Please find more info here: Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus...

The current workaround is to go back to the Library Module before you delete the rejected images. You can do that easily by hitting the G key. Others have reported that reinstalling the app also solves the issue. Please try that and let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Li.F,

Please update Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom: No Image displays in Develop Module after Deletion of Other Images | Photoshop Family Cus...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, this issue reapeared in my Lightroom classic sience the last update...

What should I do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in LR Classic 2022 v11.5, Any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still happening in 12.1 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines