• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply my old presets after 7.3 update!!!

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I just updated my lightroom into 7.3...

I opened and ta-dan... Nothing preserp want apply to any photos!!

Also with copy and past settings from previous....

I tried to make a new installation but nothing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like maybe you didn't really use Lightroom Classic but Lightroom 6, so you should not have applied that update. There's a bug in the updater that allows you to do this. There a quite a few threads about this problem. Check 'About Lightroom' menu to you see if it says 'Lightroom 6' at the top.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom information says "Lightroom 7.3" but effectly when i open the application says "lightroom6"

but yesterday with lightroom 7.2 I haven't this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. You are a Lightroom 6 user, who ’upgraded’ your copy to something that looks like Lightroom Classic, but isn't. This could have happened earlier, but only now it leads to real problems. This is a bug, because you should not have been able to do this. Lightroom Classic is only available as subscription, not as perpetual license.

You'll have to uninstall Lightroom, and then reinstall it from this page: Download Photoshop Lightroom You'll also find an updater to update it to 6.14 after that and that's it. There will not be any more updates for Lightroom 6, so even if there seems to be an update, ignore it. Or subscribe to the real Lightroom Classic in the Photogrsphy Plan, of course.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So isn't possible to have a perpetual license of lightroom 7? 😮

I have to pay every months?

so bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not possible to have a perpetual license for Lightroom Classic, only for Lightroom 6.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last Question, Lightroom works good until 7.3 version (7.2 was good but without dehaze panel) with 7.3 (6) the dehaze panel addes, but I can't apply any presets, it's only that problem... there isn't a solution for that problem? Sure??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.2 should have Dehaze as well. The problem is that the "Lightroom 7.2" you were using is an odd mix of Lightroom 6 and some updated stuff, that the updater should not have created but did anyway. Nobody can tell you what that means in practise. Maybe it will work fine, maybe one day it will completely mess up your catalog beyond repair. I would certainly not want to use something like that, even if it seems to work fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works fine unless the apply of presets (that is the main function that I use because in these years I developed many presets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last question:

i uninstall all around lightroom in my PC (also appdata file ecc) all file linked to lightroom delete i retry a installation and... still lightroom6 (i will try the try period of 7) i found a link to download the try of 7 on adobe site but than the link make me open the adobe creative cloud and than install (or open if I have installed the 6) the 6!!

I can't install a trial version of 7??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To try Lightroom Classic 7 you have to take a trial of the Creative Cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines