Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get rid of "Welcome to People View"

Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was entering keywords for my images and suddenly the main panel was filled with "Welcome to People View."  I can't find any way to get rid of it.  Google says to go to Edit > Preferences > General > Privacy Section > deselect Enable Prople View.  But when I go to Preferences > General, there is no Privacy option and I can't find it anywhere else.  I don't want to use People View.  Please help me get rid of this screen and disable it in Preferences.  Thanks.

Zaffer

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

It sounds like you accidentally pressed the O key when the Keywords field was not active, because the O key is the single-key shortcut for switching to People view, as shown below (similar to how pressing the G key switches to the Grid view, and E switches to Loupe view). If the toolbar is set to be visible, there are five buttons down there that correspond to the five view modes (see picture and demo below), so you can also switch that way.

I am not sure what Google search result you saw, bec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you accidentally pressed the O key when the Keywords field was not active, because the O key is the single-key shortcut for switching to People view, as shown below (similar to how pressing the G key switches to the Grid view, and E switches to Loupe view). If the toolbar is set to be visible, there are five buttons down there that correspond to the five view modes (see picture and demo below), so you can also switch that way.

I am not sure what Google search result you saw, because that preference does not exist in Lightroom Classic. It is not possible to disable the People view any more than it is possible to disable, for example, the Grid view.

There is nothing complicated about People view, it’s just another view. The main thing you need to know is how to exit People view, and it’s the same as exiting any of the other View modes: Simply switch to another View mode. For example, if you were adding keywords in Grid view and you accidently switch to People view, just switch back to Grid view as you normally would (the single-key G shortcut, the toolbar button, or the View > Grid command). If you were keywording in Loupe view, just switch back to the Loupe view using whatever way you usually do.

Lightroom-Classic-People-view.jpg

Lightroom Classic People view toolbar.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad C, you really helped!  Now I understand about People View.  Here's where I got the wrong info -- looks like Google AI needs some work, or I need to be more skeptical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured that out. It’s the common problem of AI providing an answer that is 95% correct, but the 5% that is not correct is enough to throw off the whole answer.

When Google AI said to open Preferences > General and Disable People View, that was a correct answer…for Lightroom. But you are using Lightroom Classic, so the Google AI answer doesn’t apply. The problem is that Google AI isn’t fully distinguishing Lightroom Classic and Lightroom, which is actually understandable because a lot of people also confuse Lightroom Classic and Lightroom, and that is in part because it’s just confusing that they named the different apps so similarly.

Even here in the forums, some of us who know the difference very well get them mixed up.

We’re still in the early days where an AI answer can save you a lot of time by getting you closer to the right answer more quickly, but the details of anything important should be verified independently. Which is exactly what you did when you came here to get clarification from some humans, so in the end, you did it right…

If you want to see the setting the Google AI answer was actually referring to, there’s a screen shot in this Adobe help document about Lightroom (not Classic)  preferences:

Lightroom | General preferences — Adobe help article

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines