Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install classic in Parallels on mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to install lightroom classic in parallels (Windows 11) on my macbook pro (M2).  However, creative cloud doesn't give the option to install classic - just lightroom cloud.  Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Allie

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Thanks Johan - cool trick.  One concern with that is, what happens when the catalog gets upgraded?  I wish Adobe would enable the use of base and relative paths as a configuration...  Any idea if this is on their feature dev list?

By @Alexander30733174d3es

A catalog upgrade is like a catalog upgrade of a 'normal' setup. The upgraded catalog will still be located in the same catalog folder, so nothing special happens. It will be like any other catalog upgrade. The only thing of course is that y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

So, can you be specific about what you mean by the 'catalog folder'?  Is this the folder that contains the various .lrcat files, and not the subfolders that contain the cache, etc?

By @Alexander30733174d3es

The catalog folder is the folder that contains the catalog file (.lrcat) and the other stuff like the previews, smart previews (if you use these), etc. So what you would have to do is place the image folder hierarchy inside that folder too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this article, the DMA currently applies to six "gatekeeper" companies, Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, ByteDance, Meta, and Microsoft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Markets_Act

Reading that and other articles, I don't see how DMA would cause Adobe to slow-walk the deployment of Lightroom Classic on Microsoft ARM devices in Europe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be all wrong here, but I suspect that testing is the real issue.  Large variety of  national languages.  Possibly different configurations for new laptops offerred in Europe.  General concern abouot not rushing support worldwide for ARM.  E.g. use the US deployments to gain run time experience as a guide for future support in other countries.

That all said, I could make a snarky comment how none of the six "platform" companies are EU-based.  But I won't. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple is already holding back features for Europe, and I expect Microsoft to follow suit. Adobe isn't going to want to fork its apps over the lack of major OS support. That could mean waiting until those features are worldwide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines